They've done it again!

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

swirlythingy

They've done it again!

Post by swirlythingy »

Bleeding muppets!

Reckon they're going for three weeks before anyone spots it?
Attachments
oops.jpg
Help! Help! We're being held prisoner in a signature factory!

big bad bri

Re: They've done it again!

Post by big bad bri »

swirlythingy wrote:Bleeding muppets!
and they've put the wrong issue no on the front

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

Roger the Dogger will no doubt be appearing in Viz some time soon!

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

big bad bri wrote:
swirlythingy wrote:Bleeding muppets!
and they've put the wrong issue no on the front
So they have... this is proving to be a sorry end to Alan's tenure as editor. :x

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

You'll probably find that Editorial has nothing to do with the bar code and issue number...

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

It certainly has to do with the other errors in the last two issues though. That Roger the Doger gaffe has happened two weeks running. Frankly, it's an embarrassment. You'd think they'd run a spellcheck. :roll:

Of course, it's not the first time that issue numbering mistake has happened... it happened once back in the 1970s as well. It's lucky for collectors that this doesn't happen more often.

Young Freddy

Post by Young Freddy »

Not sure if anyone else has pointed this out yet, but there is also a mistake in 'The history of the Beano' (70 years of fun) book, where the index names on 'G.Hall' under the name of Graeme Hill. I'll post up a scan later

EDIT: I have also just found another spelling error, this time saying 'Wayne Thomson' instead of 'Wayne Thompson'

Plus does anyone have an explanation for why Davy Law is put down as the only artist ever to do the main 'Dennis the menace' strip? Plus no Gnasher & Gnipper for barry glennard. (Many more mistakes like this)
You can read my latest ramblings at my brand new BLOG, or you can have a peak at some of my illustrations and comics on my DEVIANTART page!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Digifiend wrote:Of course, it's not the first time that issue numbering mistake has happened. It's lucky for collectors that this doesn't happen more often.
I think collectors are only mildly irritated, Digi. The printed date always provides a corrective.

Jonny Whizz

Post by Jonny Whizz »

Another minor error in the History of the Beano book is that Keith Reynolds isn´t credited as Tim Traveller artist - only Vic Neill is named.

However, these small omissions or mistakes shouldn´t detract too much from the list and the book which are great sources of information and very informative, which I believe Kashgar (Ray Moore) worked hard to record and update.
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson

Young Freddy

Post by Young Freddy »

Yeah, one of my favourite books actually :D glad I picked it up.
You can read my latest ramblings at my brand new BLOG, or you can have a peak at some of my illustrations and comics on my DEVIANTART page!

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Several Dandy strips were included in the artist list as well (for example, Dudley Watkins gets credited for Desperate Dan), due to them being in the first Dandy-Beano Summer Special. As that special was all-reprint, they could've easily ignored it and the Beano artists should've all still been credited (assuming there was no mistakes).

They also listed all the 32 page issues (September 1998 onwards) as being 24 pages!

Young Freddy

Post by Young Freddy »

'Jon Rushby' was put down as 'John Rushby', However this minor mistake will bug few readers.

Edit: Shouldn't Duncan Scott be credited for 'stripz'?