This week's issue #3614

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

meherenow

This week's issue #3614

Post by meherenow »

Oh dear, an epic fail in this weeks issue, 3rd Dec 2011....

To enjoy BSK at their finest one must first remove the centre 4 pages as this looks like adverts that are obscuring the usual double page spread - ie , page 17 - Lego Harry Potter game ad , pages 18/19 - Happy Feet Two movie "poster" (though thankfully not advertised as a free poster this time).

But wait, what's this on page 20?? Thats right, it's a Retro Beano Biffo strip.

Surely they could have had even one of their many in-house ads on this page thus preventing our Beano being ruined!

The stupidity of this was not lost on my 5 year old.

WizzKid97

Re: This week's issue #3614

Post by WizzKid97 »

Do you mean next week's issue?

I presume you're talking about next week's as you've subscribed?
Please check out the following links!
http://wizzkid97.wordpress.com/ - My blog
http://wizzkid97.deviantart.com/ My DA Page

meherenow

Post by meherenow »

Erm, yes, I subscribe and it arrived today, so I make that this week's issue.

Also I call it issue #3614 in the subject and then tell you the date of the issue in my post.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Officially (and in the shops), The Beano comes out on a Wednesday, so the issue you speak of is next week's. Receiving them early is a subscriber perk.

And yeah, that is one idiotic layout. BSK should've been on a different double page spread, and the poster shouldn't have had a story on the reverse.

meherenow

Post by meherenow »

Digifiend wrote:Officially (and in the shops), The Beano comes out on a Wednesday, so the issue you speak of is next week's. Receiving them early is a subscriber perk.

And yeah, that is one idiotic layout. BSK should've been on a different double page spread, and the poster shouldn't have had a story on the reverse.

Sorry, my mistake then, just that over on 2000ad forums the latest prog can be discussed on Saturday, usually when the subs deliveries come also. I thought it might have been the same here.

At least I wasn't too spoilerific though! :)

PaulTwist

Post by PaulTwist »

Would it do any harm to discuss the issues as the subs copies land, as long as it's in a thread clearly marked as such (i.e. such as this one)? As meherenow points out, that's how it's done on the 2000AD forums, and that seems to work OK.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

I dont mind eeading about next weeks issue early as there is no serial or continuing stories as such so there is nothing really to spoil & it would be nice to know of any price increase for upcoming issues seeing as beano & dandy cant be bothered anymore to print the price of next weeks issue anymore.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Definitely agree about price increase warnings.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

Locked as we're discussing this in another thread...