Now officially a majority-reprint comic

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

AndyB
Throgmorton

Re: Now officially a majority-reprint comic

Post by AndyB »

I suspect, but only suspect, that with Jimmy Hansen not drawing very much at the moment, it's as simple as Barrie Appleby can't squeeze in more than one Bite every other week alongside the weekly Dennis strip and front cover and any other commitments he has outside the Beano.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

More than likely. That's the reason Roger became reprints, he couldn't do Dennis and continue to do Roger as well.
Rasher wrote:I don't need to provide proof, as neither do some of your distinguished members. The difference being I'm speaking the truth and the others here are providing blatant lies. No more no less.

Finally, my username is rasher the pig. How does that even remotely link to a dog?

As you were people.
Nobody called you a dog.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

An accusation was made about his identity. I'd like to leave it at that.

Classic Comics

Post by Classic Comics »

WizzKid97 wrote:That's a great shame - Gnasher's Bite is really missing out on issues lately - I hope it doesn't get dropped!
Gnasher's Bit(e) is a victim of circumstance at the moment. Nigel and Barrie are our only available Dennis artists just now and they deserve medals for the amount of work they have been delivering for the weekly, BeanoMAX and the annual over the past few months. And all top quality too. But just to be clear, Gnasher's Bit(e) hasn't been dropped and he will be back terrorising posties as usual. :)