What defunct character do you miss the most?

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

SID

What defunct character do you miss the most?

Post by SID »

For me, it would be Billy the Cat or General Jumbo.

I know they are not completely defunct and have been appearing in the annuals. However, it would be nice for one of them to appear regularly in the weekly comic. Of course, I would have to get it every week to appreciate it. :)
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Phoenix
Guru

Re: What defunct character do you miss the most?

Post by Phoenix »

Big Eggo.

Old Freddy

Post by Old Freddy »

Probably Tim Traveller; he was one of my favourites back in the day I've always quite liked the time traveller concept. (Of course, if I were to bring back any time travelling DC Thomson character it would be Nuke Noodle, as he travels through time and beats people up, which is a great combination of gimmicks in my book)

Honourable mentions go to Jamie Smart's version of Roger the Dodger and Alex Matthews' version of Ball Boy. I've not really warmed to Wayne Thompson's version of Roger and I feel that the new version of Ball boy is a bit of a downgrade from the previous version.
Last update to http://comiccentral.jimdo.com: 7/4/2011

Sammy Shrink, Korky, Dennis and the Dandy all updated
Beryl the Peril Page Added
Navigation altered

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Punch and Jimmy. Loved the art.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Jonah.

-MikeD-

Post by -MikeD- »

Puss 'n' Boots.
My new art blog...beta version... http://mikedcuk.blogspot.co.uk

r3tr0_gam3r

Post by r3tr0_gam3r »

Old Freddy wrote:Probably Tim Traveller; he was one of my favourites back in the day I've always quite liked the time traveller concept. (Of course, if I were to bring back any time travelling DC Thomson character it would be Nuke Noodle, as he travels through time and beats people up, which is a great combination of gimmicks in my book).
I also was a big fan of Tim Traveller as a kid. I really loved the idea of travelling through time on a bike!
There's quite a lot of stories I would love to bring back (especially since the loss of The Dandy), but I think I will say The Jocks and The Geordies.

Muffy

Post by Muffy »

I'd agree with MikeD with Puss 'n' Boots. I had a Sparky annual and it stood out as one of the best.
I wonder if it will return, with a 21st century make-over?