Beano.com revamp announced

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

Digifiend

Beano.com revamp announced

Post by Digifiend »

An advert in the new Beano Summer Special shows a new look for beano.com.

BeanoMaster1

Re: Beano.com revamp announced

Post by BeanoMaster1 »

Digifiend wrote:An advert in the new Beano Summer Special shows a new look for beano.com.
Can you take a picture?

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Sure can.

blaing

Post by blaing »

At the moment, the old Beano.com website is still showing, but i think the new site will go online soon (Walter or no Walter) ;)

BeanoMaster1

Post by BeanoMaster1 »

I like the new style!

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

The new look website has now launched.

They've disposed of Issuu for the issue previews I see. It now just appears as a gallery of panels, similar to the digital Dandy (but without sound or animation obviously).

Several episodes of Bananaman have been added (I think only the first one had previously been on the website, in a blog post around the time he joined the Beano) along with some Dennis and Gnasher episodes.

The Retro section is completely eliminated, as it would seem are back issue pages.

404 Page Not Found errors are no longer blamed on Gnasher, but instead on Walter. However, there seems to be a bug related to redirects on pages that existed on the old site. http://www.beano.com/retro-beano/1930's links to https://www.beano.com/menace-content/save-yourselves/ instead of the 404 page.