Never Been Without A Beano.

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

Kashgar
Guru

Never Been Without A Beano.

Post by Kashgar »

Well here we are. It's 80 years ago today since the first issue of the Beano went on sale and I think it's a safe bet that there is not a single member of this forum who hasn't lived out there whole lives thus far in a world where the Beano didn't exist.
By virtually any standards it would be hard to argue that it was, and still is, the greatest British comic ever produced. I have over 5000 Beano publications in my collection and I'm very happy, today, to add the 80th Birthday issue to the towering, teetering pile!

big bad bri

Re: Never Been Without A Beano.

Post by big bad bri »

i saw a story the other day there is a guy who has every single copy since iss 1 ill see if i can find it again

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Yeah, that was in the Sunday People. Unfortunately there's a couple of mistakes...
The 80th anniversary edition will land on his doormat tomorrow.
He should actually already have the next issue. He has the anniversary one in one of the photos there!
Gnasher's first appearance in the show
Uh, what? We're talking about a comic, not a television series!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

He needs to start bagging them all up individually.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Or perhaps the photographer asked him to take them all out of their bags for a better photo and then rebag them afterwards. :)

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

stevezodiac wrote:Or perhaps the photographer asked him to take them all out of their bags for a better photo and then rebag them afterwards. :)
i got all my ipc/fleetway stuff bagged individually and annuals but none of my dct stuff but if a photographer asked me to unbag them all id tell him where to go lol but my collection is tiny compared to some on this forum.maybe we can start a thread showing off out collection.i love watching stuff like that on you tube but it makes me want even more ie. i saw someone collection of marvel omnibus books and now want those too

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Yesterday's Sun had almost a whole page devoted to famous people who have appeared in the Beano.