Jamie Smart back in t'Dandy

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

In case anyone's missed it, today's Dandy features a page by Jamie Smart as a prelude to his new series, Space Roul, that begins next week.

Needless to say, it's funny. :D

Lew
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/

Little Squelchy Thing

Post by Little Squelchy Thing »

Yes, it's excellent.

Great to have Jamie back in the pages of The Dandy.

HUZZAH!

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

Never thought I'd see the day when a comic character, not least a detective type space alien, would be given the name Raoul, which just happens to be the monicker we gave our youngest offspring many moons ago. I wonder if an out of court settlement for infringement of copyright might be in order?

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Liked the black humour in this one..........leaving his body behind was funny...

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

got me a bit confused this week.......how did they end up as 2...or would they keep multiplying....each time...I read it twice and still don't quite get it... :lol:

liked the joke as 'I already know that' line...when talking to himself...

With Space R...Cuddles and Dimples...Brassneck and Blinky the Dandy is still great...I like the fact these strips can be enjoyed as an adult as well as a child...

jamie

Post by jamie »

the idea was that there's only one Raoul, but he travelled back in time and met past Raoul. both raoul and past raoul lost their memories, and couldn't work out why there were two of them. so one of them travelled back in time to find out, and thus the cycle begins again (and would continue infinitely).

it was a headache writing the strip but really fun to do, but i like the idea that people might be re-reading my work, if only to work the story out. thanks peter! ^_^

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

I get it now.... :lol:

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

I liked the idea of the centre of the universe had to be replaced with a marble due to breaking it :lol: :lol: Jamie you should write for Dr Who.......inspired....

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

aaaw! not the last one already.. :cry: when will you be back Jamie.......my own genie I know is next....when and how many are you drawing.....hope 52 this time :) .......you should be in the Dandy weekly....all the time....

Space R was great!

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

reading the dandy website email page it seems my own genie is back...wonder if this is new or reprints?

MikeC

Post by MikeC »

Buy it and find out?

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Well I bought it...it seems new......a nice story.........the desperate dan is still from the legend book...hope they can show new ones...
The Beano is getting better lets hope the Dandy will have more comic and less reprints...

threw the magazine bit a way as soon as possible always winds me up if I start to read it... :P caught a picture of a boy and a bogey picture...the Tate Modern will love it... :P