Dandy no 20 cover.

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

stevezodiac

Dandy no 20 cover.

Post by stevezodiac »

No reason for this post but I saw this among my pictures on my pc and thought you might like to see it. We always see the first Dandy cover but very rarely do we see issue 20 or thereabouts. Nice and bright and clean.
Attachments
dandy easter no..jpg

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: Dandy no 20 cover.

Post by colcool007 »

Thanks for that. A new story for me, so I am chuffed to see it, even if I am unlikely to ever own it!

Cheers Steve
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

i probably copied it from Vault Auctions as they had a nice gallery of all the stuff they were selling. I know I copied the images of original Marvel and DC art as it was so unique. My Pictures on my pc is full of the stuff.

ISPYSHHHGUY

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

I've now loaded literally thousands of comic images [everything from 'MAD' covers to 'Little Annie Fanny']onto disc, STEVE: I found if you keep too much stuff on 'my pictures,' it slows the computer down. It's so easy just to transfer loads of images permanently to disc in one 5-minute stage.

I'd also hate to lose classic images if my machine ever breaks down......

rossmac

Post by rossmac »

I'm slowly collecting images of the front cover of the Dandy- mainly from eBay. I'm sure that I'll never get a complete collection, but it's interesting nevertheless to flick through them and see the changes of the design through the years- and sad to see the most recent covers.... imho.

Ross

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I did transfer my pictures to a cd-r a few years ago but kept them in my pictures for ease of access. My pc is a bit slow so i'll follow your advice and do another updated disc. is a cd-r big enough or would a dvd-r be better? How do you see the size of the my pictures file?

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

Right click and go to "properties" on it. Anything below 650mb (CD's say ~700 on them but it's best to be sure) and it'll go on a CD, if not DVD