The Dandy - everything revealed - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

Raven

Re: The Dandy - everything revealed - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Post by Raven »

It sounds like fun - but in what way were you and websites people wrong, then, in saying the comic features a Harry Hill strip drawn by Nigel, I wonder, and what appears to be the factor "so unusual, so daring, so big ... " etc.

Is Desperate Dan still by Jamie?

ComicCrazy

Post by ComicCrazy »

The daring thing I believe, is the fact that the readers get to decide who stays in the comic and who gets kicked out through a vote.

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

I'm useless in waiting.. :o

So now we know what Lew and Nigel are drawing..also went to WHSmiths in the rain..its not out yet..so you are very lucky..

Well it certainly sounds like a comic! Also a few celebraties..like TV comic..so a few things right..and a very Oink feel..

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

ComicCrazy wrote:The daring thing I believe, is the fact that the readers get to decide who stays in the comic and who gets kicked out through a vote.
That's right.
DandyComic@Twitter wrote:@dzhimbo Brilliant! Well with the new look Dandy, YOU can vote characters in and out - giving Dandy fans the ultimate choice!
Unlike Bleeding Cool and Digital Spy, STV know how to report the news.
http://news.stv.tv/scotland/tayside/204 ... -new-look/

Still no new website. I assume it launches tomorrow.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Copied from Beano subforum.
steve3po wrote:I also have a new strip appearing in the new Dandy although not scheduled to appear until early next year. Not only my first strip for the Dandy but the first humour strip I've ever written and drawn!
That's Steve Beckett, who did General Jumbo in The Beano Annual 2011 (and 2012).