This weeks Dandy

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

Digifiend

Re: This weeks Dandy

Post by Digifiend »

Issue numbers are found on page 3.

Dunder Ed

Post by Dunder Ed »

The other day I thought to myself that I ought to buy the last few Dandys. I haven't bought a new one in years but picked one up at WHSmiths and was surprised how good it was. I know recenlty is been some what childish with some of the subjects brought up, but I really enjoyed the comic and excited for the next ones. Have to say it really made me laugh as well as the George vs the Dragon that was great. Im sad that I didn't see them sooner.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

My local Tesco didn't have the Dandy this week and it looks like they have removed the shelf label to show where it should be placed.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

:x Couldn't wait another month eh, Tesco?

dandy mad

Post by dandy mad »

Non of the big supermarkets stock the Dandy anymore in my hometown

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

It's daft. Why stop selling it now? There's only five issues left anyway.

Gilly

Post by Gilly »

So far the shops are still regularly stocking The Dandy round here (Rotherham) and I hope that continues to the end.

I have a question though will The last Dandy go on sale in the last week of November or on the week of December 4th.

SID

Post by SID »

Oh well. Tomorrow will be the First of November and The Dandy's last full month. :(
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Yeah. The countdown says 33 days 14 hours 48 minutes to go. Doesn't seem like long ago that the days number was three figures. :(

Gilly

Post by Gilly »

That Dandy and Beano secret better be good, I need something to cheer me up after reading the last 2 posts now. :(

Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Well, Gilly...

Hopefully this will cheer you up a little?

The Cartoon Museum in London are currently running an exhibition until 24th December about 75 years of the Dandy and in the promotional material on their website it states:

"The exhibition will include some exclusive material from the new Dandy currently in development, which will combine some favourites from the comic’s great heritage with new material specially created for today’s younger generation."

Sounds interesting! The old codger in me though would still prefer the ability to hold a tangible product though. Subscribed to Aces Weekly and, although a lot of the stories are a good read, it doesnt seem the same reading it on the laptop :(

Wonder if there's a chance at all of giving an additional print option to "subscribers only"?

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

I just hope it'll be readable on a PC. If it's iPad or eBook only, then I'm out by force due to not owning those devices. I agree with you though, you can't beat a proper paper copy in your hands. Same goes for books.

Gilly

Post by Gilly »

Spencer wrote:Wonder if there's a chance at all of giving an additional print option to "subscribers only"?
That is what I am hoping for as well, there's definitely got to be more people than us out there that would prefer to own it in print.

As for the rest of The new Dandy, it sounds interesting and I'm glad they are looking at different ways to keep it alive and interesting to the new generation rather than letting it disappear forever.

Thanks for the heads up Spencer. :cheers:

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

More news about both the digital Dandy and the Beano.
http://alexandercartoons.blogspot.co.uk ... of-me.html

blaing

Post by blaing »

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but the final Dandy is available to pre-order from the D. C. Thomson shop.

the link is below...

https://www.dcthomsonshop.co.uk/Product ... 2352).aspx