Dandy Retro

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

Digifiend

Dandy Retro

Post by Digifiend »

Looks like Dandy got inspired by Beano Retro...
Do you have a favourite Dandy character from the past you'd like to see again? Or would you like to see a Desperate Dan from the year you were born? Send in your suggestions and every week we'll choose a classic story from the past chosen by YOU and publish it on Facebook for everyone to enjoy!
http://www.facebook.com/TheDandyComic

I voted for Winker Watson.

big bad bri

Re: Dandy Retro

Post by big bad bri »

i'd rather they would publish the story in the comic every week rather than facebook.do as the beano does with 2 paes every week,but then again it would look out of place in the modern dandy

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Andy Fanton has said that next week a another new Dandy from the past is coming back.see the answer in Boo story..

Who could it be this time?

Winker Watson!

Anyway with old characters coming back its a good sign for a Dandy retro type..or a 75 years coffee book of the Dandy like the Beano had in the 70 year book..

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

It's Freddy the Fearless Fly, and he's drawn by Phil Corbett.

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

I've spotted that fun chum Greedy Pigg..great he is so fondly remembered..george Martin will be proud..

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Yeah, queueing at the burger joint in the last panel of Bananaman. :)

Beryl the Peril was in Justin Beaver's title panel as well, alongside two Beano characters, Minnie the Minx and Toots.