The Dandy Downunder

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

rossmac

The Dandy Downunder

Post by rossmac »

Hi all,

Just a quick question to any Melbourne based Dandy fans- does anyone know of any newsagent in Melbourne that stocks the Dandy? I know of one, but they have run out of the issue I was hoping to get this week (#3527) and wanted to see if there is anywhere else?

Thanks,
Ross

blaing

Re: The Dandy Downunder

Post by blaing »

Actually, you have missed it by a week.

The current issue on sale now should be #3528.

If you want to get that issue, you'll have to contact the D. C. Thomson shop and request a back issue.

their contact e-mail is shop@dcthomson.co.uk
Last edited by blaing on 06 Jun 2011, 02:48, edited 1 time in total.

rossmac

Post by rossmac »

Thanks Blain, but perhaps the distribution in QLD is different to here in Vic. I've checked on the distributors site and the newsagent has confirmed it with me that the issue we've got on sale this week is 3527- it came into the newsagent last Friday, but the one copy they got was sold. Just my luck too that they had stock shortages this week as they usually get 2-3 copies!

Ross

blaing

Post by blaing »

Just a question mate, where abouts in Melbourne?

I did a search in a number of major centres in Melbourne while I was on holidays there in February, but I didn't strike the Dandy anywhere (I did strike the Beano and BeanoMAX, but it was a cross country hike over two days. I check the G&G website every week for the scheduled release date, and have all the states clicked to make sure.)

rossmac

Post by rossmac »

I'm out in the Eastern Suburbs- Mooroolbark, but found the Dandy in Mitcham. I've usually found the same issue- Beano & BeanoMax can be found much easier, but the Dandy is very elusive. There used to be a place much closer to me that sold it, but they seem to have stopped. I could get a standing order, but I don't want (or rather, can't justify the money) to get it every week, just when I like the contents/cover.

Ross

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Follow Blaing's advice, order it as a back issue. And if you want to make sure this never happens again, consider subscribing.