Cuddles and Dimples return

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

The Hornet

Re: Cuddles and Dimples return

Post by The Hornet »

Their return is a 4-page story drawn by NP. If it is a reprint or one of the unpublished stories I don't know, not having seen may NP Cuddles & Dimples.

Steve (the Hornet)

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

It's one or the other, Nigel already said he hadn't drawn any new ones recently.

Gilly

Post by Gilly »

SID wrote:I agree, Jonny. Up until latest revamp, I always thought of Cuddle & Dimples as one of the 'Big Three' - the other two being Desperate Dan and Bananaman.
I agree but for a while during the 1st relaunch back in 2004, Jak and Ollie Fliptrik might have had a say in that to the readership back then.

swirlythingy

Post by swirlythingy »

Ollie Fliptrik - now there's a character I'd like to see back...

I don't have a complete run of Dandys, so I can't guarantee to be able to source anything, but one thing to look out for is the title. If it's a panel with a computerised stock art title in it, like in the Christmas special, it was drawn for the early era of the 2004 Dandy, with that daft TV theme. If it's any kind of banner, or has been hand-drawn, then it's from either Xtreme or shortly before. (Of course, if they are using the unpublished ones, knowing when it was drawn isn't very helpful.)
Help! Help! We're being held prisoner in a signature factory!