Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
The Art and History of the Dandy 

DC Thomson Shop have a special offer on.
https://www.dcthomsonshop.co.uk/Product-The_Dandy_Collectors_Pack(20120101)-DCS(2)-DCL75(2537).aspx
You get The Art and History of the Dandy, and the final issue of the print comic, for £25.49. That's the same price as the two items separately, but there is one advantage to the deal. The book is signed by the last two editors, Craig Graham and Morris Heggie.

Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Throgmorton

I've found a typo on page 286 in the list of post-1985 artists - made me smile.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:57 pm
Profile WWW

Speaking of which...
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 561&type=1
Andy Fanton noticed his name was wrongly mentioned in the index as Anton Fanton, although it's correct earlier in the book. Oops!

Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:51 pm
Profile WWW
Throgmorton

We're talking about the same error :D

Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:11 am
Profile WWW

lol, I don't have it yet, so I didn't know the page number.

Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:12 am
Profile WWW

Bloody profiteers! Some jerks are selling it through Amazon for more than double the RRP!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listin ... dition=new
Found a site with a couple of reviews:
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1595 ... -the-dandy

Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:38 pm
Profile WWW
Guru

Digifiend wrote:
Bloody profiteers! Some jerks are selling it through Amazon for more than double the RRP!
If you still haven't got a copy, Digi, if I were you I'd buy it now before it doubles again. There's nothing we can do about market forces.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:53 am

The Beano version turned up in the remainder bookshops for about £6.99 so will not the Dandy version?

Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:40 am

Probably. You're right, I know of two such shops here (used to be three but one of them closed down a couple of weeks ago) and one of them did have The History of the Beano. I think it was about a fiver, not that it mattered since I already had it.

:oops: I'll be honest, in 2011, I saw The Simpsons World (worth £95) in one of these discount shops (they still have some copies left now, more than a year later). I was going to go back for it another day when I had the £20 on me, but my mum told me not to bother. Turned out my sister had already bought it for me for Christmas. That's the reason I didn't buy Art and History straight away. So I was waiting until after Christmas, but it was sold out by then. Also, if it had been in stock still, Waterstones probably would've discounted it. I picked up the Very Best of Black Bob after spotting it on such an offer, having not previously seen it in the shops at all.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:52 pm
Profile WWW

Digifiend wrote:
Probably. You're right, I know of two such shops here (used to be three but one of them closed down a couple of weeks ago) and one of them did have The History of the Beano. I think it was about a fiver, not that it mattered since I already had it.

:oops: I'll be honest, in 2011, I saw The Simpsons World (worth £95) in one of these discount shops (they still have some copies left now, more than a year later). I was going to go back for it another day when I had the £20 on me, but my mum told me not to bother. Turned out my sister had already bought it for me for Christmas. That's the reason I didn't buy Art and History straight away. So I was waiting until after Christmas, but it was sold out by then. Also, if it had been in stock still, Waterstones probably would've discounted it. I picked up the Very Best of Black Bob after spotting it on such an offer, having not previously seen it in the shops at all.

It seems that anything Dandy-related has sold out fast or increased in value since the announcement of the weekly ending. For example, this time last year the annuals were available on Amazon cheaply but The Dandy Annual 2013 is now listed at higher than its original price. As Phoenix said, market forces unfortunately.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:04 pm
Profile WWW

At long last, I am getting the The Dandy Collector's Pack for my birthday. Along with the remastered Hotspur 1966 Book for Boys and Commando 50 Years - A Home for Heroes.

Brillant. Roll on my birthday. :D

Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle-Action, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cor!!, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.

Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:08 pm
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8