If only I had the power...

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

SID

If only I had the power...

Post by SID »

I would keep the Dandy in print form but with a difference.

First: It would be a monthly.

Second: It would not just contain the classic Dandy names we know and love, it would showcase other DCT characters (such as Morgyn the Mighty, King Cobra, etc...). It could be a mixture of reprints/new stories though I would imagine the emphasis would be on the reprints.

Third: I would aim the comic (which is why I would suggest it could be a monthly) at the dads rather than the kids (although they could buy it if they want).

So in summary: A Dandy/Classics From the Comics combo monthly (though called the Dandy) but with the emphasis on story/adventure strips with a few Dandy classic comedy strips thrown in.

I would definitely buy it. :D
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

big bad bri

Re: If only I had the power...

Post by big bad bri »

i would buy it as well, but continue the numbering & not start again at iss 1. new stories with classic characters but with decent art not aimed at toddlers even though i appreciate that is the market but the current art style is what is driving the nosatalgia market away.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Re: If only I had the power...

Post by AndyB »

Reality: the nostalgia market is worth far fewer sales than the target age group.

Not sure where this art aimed at toddlers is... historically art aimed at toddlers appears to have been the most "realistic" and least stylised, as far as anthropomorphism allows.