Digital Dandy

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

Spencer

Digital Dandy

Post by Spencer »

As we approach the final print issue of The Dandy, I thought it a good idea to start a new thread so we can start to look forward to what's in store for us in the 'Digital Dandy'!!

We already know from the promotional material for the Dandy exhibition at the Cartoon Museum that the Digital Dandy will include "some exclusive material from the new Dandy currently in development, which will combine some favourites from the comic’s great heritage with new material specially created for today’s younger generation".

From Alexander Matthews' blog I found last night that he will be creating a brand new strip called 'Bad Hair Day'!

Any other news?
Attachments
Bad Hair Day by Alexander Matthews
Bad Hair Day by Alexander Matthews

Digifiend

Re: Digital Dandy

Post by Digifiend »

That's the first confirmed new item. I just checked Andy Fanton, Jamie Smart and Lew Stringer's blogs, and while all of them have a new post in the last couple of days, Andy was just advertising his latest (and I assume final new) strip for the print comic, Jamie was talking about how to get into comics, and about the Dandy exhibition, and Lew's wasn't Dandy related at all.

Spencer

Post by Spencer »

I have a sneaky suspicion (and a massive 'hope') that the two Nigel's (Parkinson and Auchterlounie) are going to be quite involved in the new venture. On Nigel Parkinson's blog he mentions about a recent visit from a TV crew who also visited Nigel Auchterlounie. My guess is it's regarding the launch of The Digital Dandy and will be shown around the time of the launch.... We'll see.

NP

Post by NP »

I have nothing to do with a digital Dandy as far as I know.

Spencer

Post by Spencer »

:oops: I'll have to withdraw my application to the Amateur Detective's Society I guess!

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

The film crew, if that was Dandy related, would've actually been talking about the anniversary, which happens to coincide with the relaunch. But Nigel's mention of Beano and Dandy in that blog post was a completely different point. The Beano/Dandy thing is some other secret unrelated to the filming. He never said what the filming was about.

http://www.nigelparkinsoncartoons.blogs ... is-it.html

rossmac

Post by rossmac »

NP wrote:I have nothing to do with a digital Dandy as far as I know.
Does this mean you have something to do with another type of dandy? Other than the final issue and future annuals? Or am I reading too much into non-existent wordplays here?

Also of note is that in the comments to his post on billy whizz, Wilbur Dawbarn says that he is meant to be doing a strip for the digital dandy... So that's two new (non reprint) strips we know of!

Ross

booksandcomics

Post by booksandcomics »

Just throwing this idea out there and apologies if this has already been discussed, but, has anyone considered that the digital Dandy might actually have sounds and voices? Could we hear for the first time in history, the voices of Desperate Dan and Korky? It would be great if it was interactive, with the whole wizz, bangs, wallops etc!?

Adam

Tin Can Tommy

Post by Tin Can Tommy »

I doubt their budget would allow for decent voice actors. If you've heard bad voice acting (like on The Beano video) it gets quite annoying.

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

I've been invited to the cartoon museum in London..3rd Dec..
its the launch of the digital Dandy before its launched on the 4th..

Anyone know any more info...it starts in the morning...
is it for only invited people?
Is it all day..a lunch?

I'm thinking of going..