Any new developments...??

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

Raven

Re: Any new developments...??

Post by Raven »

Digifiend wrote:If the movie is a hit, it wouldn't surprise me if they made a new TV show too
They probably wouldn't be able to, as the film company would probably have arranged exclusive rights for a while in case of possible sequels.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Spider-Man says otherwise. Disney have his TV rights while Sony have his movie rights. And when I said TV show, I meant a cartoon. The movie is live action.

Raven

Post by Raven »

I assumed you meant a cartoon series. Yes, it'll depend on which rights the film company have secured. Companies are keener on "360 degree deals" nowadays, which cover all areas. The Marvel character rights are quite a complicated business, due to deals made years ago, which Marvel Studios probably regret, as they can't get the film rights back to some of their biggest characters!
Last edited by Raven on 19 Mar 2014, 14:07, edited 1 time in total.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

As I was leaving home this morning I heard a story on LBC about a new Peanuts movie. Sorry its not Dandy related but it is comic strip movie connected.

dandy mad

Post by dandy mad »

A Bananaman film and a live action one too? Will it work? Will it have Bill Oddie whining away as little Eric? (hope not as that grated on my nerves back in the 80s) and who will play the banana themed superhero? Many questions but no answers plus will it smash box office records? Doubt it tbh...

Gilly

Post by Gilly »

Has anyone else read on the Desperate Dan Facebook page that Kev Sutherland is working on something speculative with Dan?

-MikeD-

Post by -MikeD- »

Gilly wrote:Has anyone else read on the Desperate Dan Facebook page that Kev Sutherland is working on something speculative with Dan?
That'll be the Dan fan page with just 25 friends. Twenty five.... Even Desperate Dan's Hot Food Takeaway in Buckingham has a couple o'hundred. Desperate times :(
My new art blog...beta version... http://mikedcuk.blogspot.co.uk

Spencer

Post by Spencer »

Gilly, thanks for the heads-up, THIS comment on the Dandy Facebook page too...

Interesting!!!

The Dandy
Hey, Epic Callum, we're still working on some exciting plans for The Dandy's digital future. We can't say too much at the moment, but hopefully we'll be able to bring you some news soon.
25 March

Gilly

Post by Gilly »

No problem, I'm just glad to know that DC Thomson still hasn't given up on The Dandy and see it as part of their future. :cheers: