Cuddles & Dimples to return....

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

Peter Gray

Re: Cuddles & Dimples to return....

Post by Peter Gray »

The Beano is going to have a revamp..

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

hmm hopefully a combined beano dandy title

Gilly

Post by Gilly »

Having a combined Beano and Dandy would be the next best thing to The Dandy returning for me.

I actually hope this happens!!!

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

A lot of the Dandy's lineup already has similar counterparts in The Beano. In C&D's case, it's Bea, who was even paired up with Ivy the Terrible at one point. To be honest, having Dandy mainstays like Desperate Dan join the Beano would probably be a sign that the Dandy Annual wouldn't be around much longer (notice that the annual no longer features Bananaman, who did move over). A full merger just isn't going to happen, that ship sailed three years ago.

Gilly

Post by Gilly »

Maybe so but we can all dream :)

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

maybe we can have dandy vol 2 now rebellion is hopefully gonna give uk comics industry a shot in the arm.

Ellis

Post by Ellis »

The panel from Nigel's blog was from this years Dandy Annual, so sadly I don't think we will be seeing any new Cuddles and Dimples anywhere else other than new Dandy Annuals.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

big bad bri wrote:maybe we can have dandy vol 2 now rebellion is hopefully gonna give uk comics industry a shot in the arm.
Wrong publisher, for starters.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Digifiend wrote:
big bad bri wrote:maybe we can have dandy vol 2 now rebellion is hopefully gonna give uk comics industry a shot in the arm.
Wrong publisher, for starters.
i know i meant now rebellion is producing interest in uk comics again maybe DCT will have another look at dandy due to a new hopeful uk comics boom thanks to rebellion.

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

DC Thomson already knows its market - that's why the Dandy special bookazines are classic material (albeit I think prepared by the Beano team) and we get the annual Beano/Dandy archive books. It's also why the Dandy finished - not enough of us were buying it.

I think that while Rebellion will make use of the humour comics it has bought in a way that Egmont didn't, the main focus will be on the adventure comics.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

is the cuddles and dimples news dead in the water or have i missed something as it has been over a year :lol:

SID

Post by SID »

Or was it an April's Fools?
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Did they ever return :lol:

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

nearly a year later and i'm still none the wiser unless it was for an annual or summer special reprints .