Its been 10 years

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

Tin Can Tommy

Its been 10 years

Post by Tin Can Tommy »

Its been 10 years now since the final print edition of the Dandy.
That decade flew by.

Whats everyone's favourite memories of the Dandy?

I started reading the Dandy as a kid in the early 2000s. Mostly via specials, annuals and only a couple of actual comics. I really wished I read it more.
I used to love the Jocks and the Geordies although as a kid I only read them in Classics from the Comics. I really loved that strip.
I've been collecting more of the annuals recently from all over the comic's history. Eric Roberts did some tremendous cartoons I especially like the inside covers he did in the 1950s. My other highlights are the aforementioned Jocks and the Geordies, any of the wacky stuff by Tom Paterson or John Geering, Bing Bang Benny, Nick Brennan's Peter Piper and the 2000s incarnation of Beryl the Peril. (I thought it was really well written for a dandy strip)

I've attached a cartoon from a 2013 issue of the Beano which I thought was (in)appropriate :D for a post mourning 10 years since the last issue.

I almost forgot to mention the many excellent cartoons by Bill Holroyd (his stuff was always a high light)
Attachments
20220219_220700 - Copy.jpg