What comics did you buy today?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

koollectablz

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by koollectablz »

philcom55 wrote:On the other hand bidding early can sometimes discourage competition. I know it works with me if I'm not particularly bothered about the item in question.
I think if the bids go very high straight away that can put off bidding sometimes, but by and large having early bids on an item encourages more bids.

In fact so much so that a while back I sometimes ran a thing in some of my auctions that I'd say if the eventual winner had only one physical bid (not including automatic bids) and their bid was in the first 3 days of the listing then I'd knock off 10% off the final sale price and give free P&P.

That was kind of fun and made people bid in the first few days which did push up prices.

How many times did I have to knock off the 10%?

Never.

People just weren't realistic about their absolute maximum bid.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

2 more Red Daggers - DCT - #8 (The life of rough tough Tasker) and #12 (Braddock and the Flying Tigers). Looks like I'm collecting these now. 6 down, 24 to go!
Buster #1 with free gift - IPC - 1960
TV Fun #1 - Amalgamated - 1953
Walt Disney's Mickey Mouse #1 - Disney/Holding - 1958

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Striker volume 4 graphic novel arrived,
another buster off my list plus another with the booklet missing :cry: (i really need to start asking sellers are the issues complete)
Dan dare from titan issues 1-3 but i have noticed the retro cover to issues 2 & 3 are exactly the same.is this an error or was it done on purpose.
Judge dredd case files 10,11,13,14 i cant believe im so far behind on these.

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

big bad bri wrote: Dan dare from titan issues 1-3 but i have noticed the retro cover to issues 2 & 3 are exactly the same.is this an error or was it done on purpose.
They're completely different, unless yours is faulty.

Issue 2:
https://forbiddenplanet.com/232054-dan- ... -c-weston/

Issue 3:
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/OCT171861

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Two more issues of Commando have been delivered to bring my total needed for the 1980s down to 22 out of 960!

Even better was the price which was sweet fanny adams! :D
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Lew Stringer wrote:
big bad bri wrote: Dan dare from titan issues 1-3 but i have noticed the retro cover to issues 2 & 3 are exactly the same.is this an error or was it done on purpose.
They're completely different, unless yours is faulty.

Issue 2:
https://forbiddenplanet.com/232054-dan- ... -c-weston/

Issue 3:
https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/OCT171861
i bought mine in forbidden planet and was in gosh earlier and asked them and the guy said a few people have said they are the same.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

colcool007 wrote:Two more issues of Commando have been delivered to bring my total needed for the 1980s down to 22 out of 960!

Gosh comics in soho london had a box of commandos in this morning which i would have bought had i had any money lol,i dont know the numbers but i know 1 issue i picked up had a 6p cover price.maybe give them a ring col.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

big bad bri wrote:
colcool007 wrote:Two more issues of Commando have been delivered to bring my total needed for the 1980s down to 22 out of 960!

Gosh comics in soho london had a box of commandos in this morning which i would have bought had i had any money lol,i dont know the numbers but i know 1 issue i picked up had a 6p cover price.maybe give them a ring col.
Do you know how much they were Bri? I may pop in on Tues or Thurs next week when I’m up

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

big bad bri wrote:

At the moment, I can afford them at the price I got these two for and that's it!

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Adam Eterno wrote:
big bad bri wrote:

Do you know how much they were Bri? I may pop in on Tues or Thurs next week when I’m up
the few i picked up were £2 each they were in the corner downstairs under the comic bags.bottom shelf.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

colcool007 wrote:Even better was the price which was sweet fanny adams!
Was there no opt-out option for her in that transaction?

Blake Edmonds

Post by Blake Edmonds »

A 1974 Scorcher to complete the run 8)

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

big bad bri wrote: the few i picked up were £2 each they were in the corner downstairs under the comic bags.bottom shelf.
Cheers Bri

DJDogfart

Post by DJDogfart »

My copy of Faceache also had pages missing/duplicated. I received a new copy from Rebellion yesterday - great service. I wonder how many copies were bound incorrectly?
Scccrrruunnge

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

I picked up a couple of Commandos to fill gaps for Adam and revisited an old favourite and picked up 5 Football PSMs. I am now working on getting a full list of the Footballs together!