Christine Ellingham - artist on Concrete Surfer, now found!

Discuss comic art, the artists and writers both current and from the past.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

comixminx

Christine Ellingham - artist on Concrete Surfer, now found!

Post by comixminx »

Some of you may already have seen this on my Facebook or on the Jinty blog (but probably not the latter, as it was just done as comments on old posts and not visible in recent entries as yet). Exciting news - the previously-unknown artist of a number of lovely Jinty strips and covers has written in to the blog and made herself known! She is called Christine Ellingham. I will be interviewing her shortly by email, and writing up a blog post in due course.

Here is the relevant creator page on the Jinty blog, now updated to give her name after all this time.
https://jintycomic.wordpress.com/2016/0 ... te-surfer/
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

Tammyfan

Re: Christine Ellingham - artist on Concrete Surfer, now fou

Post by Tammyfan »

It'll be so exciting to have the interview!

Now, if only we can identify that "Merry" artist. That one has even David Roach, our authority on British comics artists, stumped.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

comixminx wrote:the previously-unknown artist of a number of lovely Jinty strips and covers has written in to the blog and made herself known! She is called Christine Ellingham.
Hopefully she doesn't have a blood phobia like her namesake Doc Martin from the Cornish village Portwenn (Port Isaac in the real world). :lol:

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

Interview with Christine Ellingham now up on the Jinty blog: https://jintycomic.wordpress.com/2018/0 ... interview/
jintycomic.wordpress.com/ Excellent and weird stories from the past - with amazing art to boot.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

This is great work you folks are doing. Well done and keep it up.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

comixminx

Post by comixminx »

colcool007 wrote:This is great work you folks are doing. Well done and keep it up.
Many thanks :) I hope more creators / children of write into us!