The Beezer's Centre Pages Till Cracker Merger

Formerly known as Classics from the Comics, this forum covers all of DCT's retired titles, like Beezer, Topper, Victor, Nutty and Sparky!

Moderator: AndyB

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: The Beezer's Centre Pages Till Cracker Merger

Post by colcool007 »

Kashgar wrote: Blubba, drawn by Watson Kennedy from No 968 to No 1078(11/9/76) the issue before the merger with Cracker.
I hate to disagree with you Ray but the examples of Blubba I have seen were drawn by Andrew Christine.

However, as you have mentioned Watson Kennedy, do you have any adventure examples of his work as he could be the missing Kennedy from the Commando index as I have three listed as being drawn by a mystery Kennedy! They are issues 21, 363 and 392. I have a friend with a full collection of Commando than I checking out 363 and 392 in case these are even earlier work of Cam's than we realised!
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

colcool007 wrote:
Kashgar wrote: Blubba, drawn by Watson Kennedy from No 968 to No 1078(11/9/76) the issue before the merger with Cracker.
I hate to disagree with you Ray but the examples of Blubba I have seen were drawn by Andrew Christine.

However, as you have mentioned Watson Kennedy, do you have any adventure examples of his work as he could be the missing Kennedy from the Commando index as I have three listed as being drawn by a mystery Kennedy! They are issues 21, 363 and 392. I have a friend with a full collection of Commando than I checking out 363 and 392 in case these are even earlier work of Cam's than we realised!
Hi Col. I don't mind you disagreeing with me but, in this instance, I'm afraid I'll have to stick to my guns.
I've actually checked through all 111 issues of the Beezer that contained Blubba and they are all, bar one, the work of Watson Kennedy, the only exception being the strip in Beezer No 1004 which was drawn by Frank MacDiarmid. Bill Swinton, the Beezer editor at that time and who I used to correspond with regularly personally identified the artist as being Watson Kennedy.

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

Oh and to answer David's question. In the final episode of Blubba he saves the life of his planet's president who has come to Earth for a visit. As a reward Blubba is allowed to remain on Earth for as long as he chooses.

DavidKW

Post by DavidKW »

Sorry for it being belated - but thanks Kashgar for your answer on how Blubba ended.

Been to busy I've not been keeping up with things for a while.