My WHSmith has stopped stocking Commando

Pocket-sized war 'comic' that has been around since 1961 and is still going strong.

Moderator: AndyB

brisey

Post by brisey »

My WHSmith has seemed to have stop stocking Commando-Croydon BTW.

I am the only one suffering this problem and anyone know where i can get them in SW/SE London area.

brian

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Try pre-ordering. But if you only want to pick up specific titles (like the non-reprints) then I am loathe to advise you of a decent newsagent. When I was in Uxbridge, the local paper shop had a decent comic count, but other than that, I can't really recomend a decent shop in London for stocking comics.
Last edited by colcool007 on 22 Jun 2007, 06:22, edited 1 time in total.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Shaqui

Post by Shaqui »

The Crawley branch was still getting them the last time I looked, though they tend to be hidden down at the front of the SF/TV mags instead of the other main comic fare!

:?

Lew Stringer

Re: My WHSmith has stopped stocking Commando

Post by Lew Stringer »

Shaqui wrote:The Crawley branch was still getting them the last time I looked, though they tend to be hidden down at the front of the SF/TV mags instead of the other main comic fare!

:?

Yeah, same here. Commando is stocked with 2000AD and the Panini Marvel comics, not in the younger kids section.

Lew

PaulTwist

Post by PaulTwist »

Same here, they only moved them a couple of weeks ago though. Must be a nationwide thing.

ogtec

Post by ogtec »

You can occasionally get them in the WH Smiths in the Elephant & Castle. Not as good as other places (and the Romford branch usually has at least 20 copies of each) but perhaps a fall-back. I saw a single copy today.

George

felneymike
Fence Sitter

Post by felneymike »

Smith's in Lincoln stopped for a while then started again. They did the same with Judge Dredd Megazine. Makes you wonder how they can sell "Classic Tractor" and other such guff which probably has a much lower circulation. This other place in Lincoln called Ruddocks has all sorts of magazines on obscure subjects but hardly ever comics (and those are Marvel) for some reason... though i won't knock them because they also do Pilot "Super Gel" pens which are the only good ones i know of for going over pencil cleanly and smoothly.

When i wasnt at Uni i used to go to Bury St Edmonds with my granny on Wednesdays, and the Smith's there never sold Commando, the one in Ely does, and Cambridge can be patchy too, though does most of the time... Another shop in ely does but you have to ask specifically for them. Sad when i can just about remember the days when they had a spinner rack near the door filled with all sorts of picture library goodness... and my dad had an incredibly rusty mk5 Cortina with it's own onboard lake XD