HELP NEEDED FOR COMMANDO LIBRARIES

Pocket-sized war 'comic' that has been around since 1961 and is still going strong.

Moderator: AndyB

Old Forum Fella

Post by Old Forum Fella »

I'm trying to get DC.Thomson to reprint or resurrect some old classics like Union Jack Jackson,Braddock,Joe Bones ETC in the Commando libraries. I need as many people as possible to mail the Commando office to suggest this. If you go to the Thomson website there's a feedback link where you can select the Commando & this is then mailed direct to the editor. Who knows if they get enough mails they may consider it. Thanks Kevin

Originally posted by Azteccomics on the old forum on Azteccomics

Old Forum Fella

Good idea Kev ... I'll get right on it!! Or maybe they could publish them in Wizard!!!??? hehehe

Originally posted by Spenny on the old forum on 10/10/2003

Old Forum Fella

Or Classics from the Comics?

Actually, since moving to Cambridge, I haven't seen a copy of CftC - is it still around?

Originally posted by Superherostore.co.uk on the old forum on 10/10/2003

Old Forum Fella

Chris, yes its now on issue 91, A classics from the boys comics would be a great idea, surely it can't cost to much to publish?

Originally posted by Azteccomics on the old forum on Azteccomics

Old Forum Fella

Essentially, you want them to revive the old Red Dagger, don't you? This was tried in the early 80's and featured some beauties such as Killer Kane (Warlord), Twisty (Bullet), The Blitz Kid (Hornet), The Smasher (Bullet), The Frozen Man (Wizard)plus a couple of Alf Tupper's and Morgan The Mighty's from the Vicotr. Unfortunately sales were disappointing so the series died after issue 30. My favourite was 11 Little Soccer Boys.

Originally posted by Colcool007 on the old forum on 03/06/2004