BILLY THE CAT (AGAIN)

Discuss or comment on anything relating to D.C.Thomson's second longest running comic. The home of Dennis the Menace. Has been running since 1938.

Moderator: AndyB

Old Forum Fella

BILLY THE CAT (AGAIN)

Post by Old Forum Fella »

So... now that the recent Billy The Cat strips has finished, what did everyone think of it? Personally, I loved it.It was the sort of strip you just don't get in U.S. comics. A wonderful fun, all ages action strip with amazing modern, yet almost classic art. I would really love to see more of this (and yes I do also have the Annual). Can I sak a request. If anyone hears of any more stories in the future, could they let everyone know. I'd hate to miss out (I don't normally get The Beano). Does anyone have any idea how sales have been during Billy's run? It would be wonderful if an upsurge in sales during this preiod sperked off interest in a new DC Thompson adventure comic (starring Billy of course). Alan!

Originally posted by Wrighty47 on the old forum on 12/11/2003

Old Forum Fella

BILLY THE CAT (AGAIN)

DC Thomson have already commissioned more Billy the Cat for next year.

I thought the rest of the Beano was pretty good too. Real anarchy. Dandy is far more childlike.

Originally posted by Chris on the old forum on 12/11/2003

Old Forum Fella

BILLY THE CAT (AGAIN)

Wrighty, In this weeks Beano they are asking for your comments on the Billy strips & if you would like to see some more. I would suggest we all send a mail to beano@dcthomson.co.uk saying we want more or a new adventure comic.

Originally posted by Azteccomics on the old forum on 13/11/2003

Old Forum Fella

BILLY THE CAT (AGAIN)

Sent my e-mail to the old Beano ed last week in full support of more adventures of Billy. Of course suggested he could spin-off in his own comic along with Alf Tupper and a few others!!! Let see

Originally posted by Spence on the old forum on 21/11/2003

Old Forum Fella

BILLY THE CAT (AGAIN)

Thanks for your feedback on Billy the Cat. We received a fair amount of reaction to the story. The vote was split right down the middle with readers either loving or loathing the Acrobatic Crime Fighter. We have another story drawn for next year's annual and plans to feature Billy in the weekly again next autumn. Wayne Thompson is to draw these. This year's annual story is by Richard Elson, who wasn't available to handle the weekly series. All the best. Euan Kerr - Beano Editor

Originally posted by Euan on the old forum on 09/12/2003

Old Forum Fella

BILLY THE CAT (AGAIN)

With the voting split right down the middle, perhaps the idea of launching a new adventure comic starring Billy in the lead strip is what I believe is called the way forward toachieve prformance targets on this one.

Originally posted by T Guy on the old forum on 10/12/2003