Buster Bag, quiz prize.

Buster, Whizzer and Chips, Whoopee, Wham, Smash, you name it!

Moderator: AndyB

BH

Buster Bag, quiz prize.

Post by BH »

Does anyone remember when Buster gave away bags as prizes? They were round ended, with handles and big enough for a PE or swimming kit. It would have been late 70s or early 80s.
I'm sure I still have one knocking around in a cupboard somewhere, would it be worth anything?
Cheers.
:)

bustercomic

Buster Bag, quiz prize.

Post by bustercomic »

Hi mate,

Can I have a picture of your bag for my website please?

Long before my readership started (actually, more appropriately before I was born :oops: )

I would imagine if it's in good nick, it might be worth something, though.
http://www.bustercomic.co.uk - The World's Most Comprehensive Buster Website

You Voted For The Top 100 Strips......The Results Are Now In at Bustercomic.co.uk

BH

Buster Bag, quiz prize.

Post by BH »

Sure you can have a pic, if I can find it! Last time I saw it was a few months ago 'somewhere' in my daughters old room and I have no idea what condition it's in.

bustercomic

Re: Buster Bag, quiz prize.

Post by bustercomic »

BH wrote:Sure you can have a pic, if I can find it! Last time I saw it was a few months ago 'somewhere' in my daughters old room and I have no idea what condition it's in.
Ain't it always the way

I turfed out a whole load of fake fingers and joke spiders and around two months later decided I wish I'd kept them for the free gifts section of the website :roll:

You Voted For The Top 100 Strips......The Results Are Now In at Bustercomic.co.uk

BH

Buster Bag, quiz prize.

Post by BH »

Found it!

It's very grubby though, so I'll try to clean it up and get a pic' for you. Might take me a while though so be patient, please.

bustercomic

Buster Bag, quiz prize.

Post by bustercomic »

No Probs, thanks in advance.

Incidentally, I've just received some comics from the mid 80s and Buster had a jogging suit, sports bag and many other sporty things that it gave away...

All pictures very welcome if anyone has any of these stashed away somewhere.

Dizrythmia

Post by Dizrythmia »

bustercomic wrote:All pictures very welcome if anyone has any of these stashed away somewhere.
As are the items themselves if anyone wants to donate/sell them. I'm always happy to add to the collection ;)

bustercomic

Post by bustercomic »

Dizrythmia wrote:
bustercomic wrote:All pictures very welcome if anyone has any of these stashed away somewhere.
As are the items themselves if anyone wants to donate/sell them. I'm always happy to add to the collection ;)
Keep them in the UK and send them to me!!! I'm much nicer then him anyways :D :D :D

Bloody Aussies, always on the scrounge........just you remember who's got the Ashes trophy.....and The Rugby World Cup :P

spacecool

Post by spacecool »

bustercomic wrote:No Probs, thanks in advance.

Incidentally, I've just received some comics from the mid 80s and Buster had a jogging suit, sports bag and many other sporty things that it gave away...

All pictures very welcome if anyone has any of these stashed away somewhere.
Think I've got a Buster 'Joke Wallet' and a badge from the late 80s hidden away somewhere. Would you like a picture of these or have you already got them?

bustercomic

Buster Bag, quiz prize.

Post by bustercomic »

Yes please!!!!

As a reader of the 90s these kinds of gifts were alien to me until i started researching into them, so all help would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Matt

Dizrythmia

Post by Dizrythmia »

bustercomic wrote:Keep them in the UK and send them to me!!! I'm much nicer then him anyways :D :D :D

Bloody Aussies, always on the scrounge........just you remember who's got the Ashes trophy.....and The Rugby World Cup :P
Ummmm ok.... not a big sports fan but I'll take your word for it :)

If I get some rarities I don't mind "scrounging" for them. ;)