Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Isnt it about time we had a Commando art exhibition ? 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:19 pm
Posts: 11
Reply with quote
The title says it all really, being as there is this fabled warehouse full of the original art why not put some of it into an exhibition in a similar manner to the "Starblazer" exhibition that was held earlier this year in Dundee.
With next year being the 70th anniversary of the battle of Britain that would make a good theme to hang the display around.
Just imagine, walking into a gallery & being surrounded by loads of Ian Kennedy originals, the organisers would need to supply complementary drool buckets !! :D :D :D


Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:32 pm
Profile
Guru

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:15 pm
Posts: 4787
Reply with quote
Sage the Owl wrote:
Just imagine, walking into a gallery & being surrounded by loads of Ian Kennedy originals, the organisers would need to supply complementary drool buckets !!


One problem I see is that the occasion would be so overwhelming for colcool007 that he might just kick one of them.


Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:23 pm
Profile
Mr Valeera
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:06 pm
Posts: 3467
Location: Lost in time, lost in space
Reply with quote
Sage the Owl wrote:
The title says it all really, being as there is this fabled warehouse full of the original art why not put some of it into an exhibition in a similar manner to the "Starblazer" exhibition that was held earlier this year in Dundee.
With next year being the 70th anniversary of the battle of Britain that would make a good theme to hang the display around.
Just imagine, walking into a gallery & being surrounded by loads of Ian Kennedy originals, the organisers would need to supply complementary drool buckets !! :D :D :D
There was a Starblazer exhibition in Dundee!! I must go home more often.

As to the buckets, I would probably kick more than one as I wouldn't even notice them there. And the thought of the pictures blown up to A2 or larger. Oh wow! Excuse me while I go off and consider the thought of the Caird Hall covered one of Ian Kennedy's art blown-up to cover one side of it. Wow!

_________________
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!


Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:18 pm
Profile WWW
Guru

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:15 pm
Posts: 4787
Reply with quote
colcool007 wrote:
As to the buckets, I would probably kick more than one as I wouldn't even notice them there.


No, Colin, after the art attack you would only kick one bucket. Trust me. Think of the family, don't go there!


Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:57 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:19 pm
Posts: 11
Reply with quote
Here's a link to info with pictures of original art etc.....
http://www.dundee.ac.uk/museum/starblazer2.htm
In one of the reviews of the event Mr K was quoted as saying that he would like to "take a couple of pieces of the art home with him", and he painted them...., its nice to see that he still has a passion for his old work.
Personally his SF stuff dosent do as much for me as his aviation work, although saying that i really liked the Blake's 7 stuff he did for Marvel UK in the 80's.
What we need is some forward looking gallery or museum director to take up the challenge of staging a similar event for Commando, even the V & A in London did one for 2000AD a few years back so there's really no excuse providing that the powers at DCT would let the art be displayed, but the Starblazer exhibition shows that they arn't averse to the idea.
I wonder what Commando CO's thoughts would be on this ?


Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:43 am
Posts: 7219
Location: Hull, UK
Reply with quote
Phoenix wrote:
No, Colin, after the art attack you would only kick one bucket.
Oh, now you've made me think of the CITV Art Attack programme! :lol:


Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:56 pm
Profile WWW
Guru

Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:15 pm
Posts: 4787
Reply with quote
Sage the Owl wrote:
I wonder what Commando CO's thoughts would be on this ?


You only have to ask. Ring him................................in the morning.


Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:10 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.