Tammy number one

Discuss all the girls comics that have appeared over the years. Excellent titles like Bunty, Misty, Spellbound, Tammy and June, amongst many others, can all be remembered here.

Moderator: AndyB

Marionette

Tammy number one

Post by Marionette »

I was wondering if anyone who has a copy of the first issue of Tammy could scan the cover for me at high resolution (300dpi). It's for the Grand Comic Book Database, where I am indexing Tammy and Jinty.

I was hoping to use my own copy, but when it arrived I was disappointed to find that the cover is faded beyond my ability to fix in Photoshop.

Note, this needs to be an original cover, not the 2009 reprint. The colours on the original are much softer, and it generally looks nicer than the reprint.
The Tammy Project: Documenting the classic British girls' comic, one serial at a time.

Digifiend

Re: Tammy number one

Post by Digifiend »

It's in the Comics UK Gallery:

Marionette

Post by Marionette »

That's the reprint.

The only scan I've found online is much smaller than I need, but you can see the difference.

The Tammy Project: Documenting the classic British girls' comic, one serial at a time.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Oh, I see what you mean about those colours.

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

If anybody's interested I just noticed this clever teaser that appeared in the issue of Princess Tina dated 23rd January 1971.

...I guess the clue is in the hat! :)

- Phil Rushton

matrix

Post by matrix »

Here's the news from the following week!

I hope I havn't butted in here, were you going to scan this Phil?
Attachments
Tammy.1.jpg

philcom55

Post by philcom55 »

No problem Matrix! :)

Incidentally, have you noticed how the girl in the Tam O'Shanter hat is clearly based on the cover illustration to Tammy no.1?

- Phil R.

Marionette

Post by Marionette »

I've now got a much better quality copy of the first issue and I was surprised to find that the colours are a lot closer to those on the reprint than I had believed. I don't know what happened to that image I found with the hair almost orange, but the real thing is nothing like that.

Marionette

Post by Marionette »

philcom55 wrote:If anybody's interested I just noticed this clever teaser that appeared in the issue of Princess Tina dated 23rd January 1971.

...I guess the clue is in the hat! :)

- Phil Rushton
I just noticed they used a redrawn version of that illustration for the cover of the fourth issue.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

I'm posting this here, helsbels, as I think you will see it on this thread. I sent you a PM on March 23rd but it is still in my Outbox. Is there any chance of your picking it up and getting back to me? My query has nothing to do with Tammy.

helsbels

Post by helsbels »

Hi Phoenix! I've replied to your pm now - I never realised it was there!!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Thanks, Helen. Much appreciated. I've sent you another PM.