This weeks Dandy

Discuss or comment on anything relating to Britain's longest running comic. The home of Korky the Cat and Desperate Dan. Has been running since 1937.

Moderator: AndyB

Dunder Ed

Re: This weeks Dandy

Post by Dunder Ed »

Absolutely Fantastic cover. Korky the Cat is there until the end. Just a qucik question did anyone notice the Nutty date and the bottom on Blubber story in last weeks dandy?

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Dunder Ed wrote:Absolutely Fantastic cover. Korky the Cat is there until the end. Just a qucik question did anyone notice the Nutty date and the bottom on Blubber story in last weeks dandy?

The date was there a few weeks back as well. I personally prefer to see the dates left on the reprint so i can see if i have the original :lol: I wish IPC dated their strips the way DCT did.

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

Nice seeing Pete's pocket Grandpa is Bad Grandad... 8)

SID

Post by SID »

Another good issue but you can see that they are running out of new material (a lot more reprints).

I also noticed that some of the strips have ended? E.g. Bad Grandad?
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Ended? You cited one that hasn't. Bad Grandad had two extra stories drawn for the last two issues, but all of Andy Fanton's other ongoing material (George vs Dragon, Constable Clod, Teacher Training, Secret Agent Sir) ends with the penultimate issue.

Bananaman missed a couple of issues recently, so apparently Wayne Thompson didn't draw enough. I doubt they care any more, since he's being marketed as a Beano character nowadays anyway. They already used the intended final Desperate Dan as well, in the same issue as another strip, which means that unless Jamie drew one too many, that runs out this week as well.

SID

Post by SID »

LOL! You are right! Could have sworn that there was a "The End" on the strip before I typed my previous post. :D
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

No, Andy's corrected me - tomorrow's Bad Grandad would however have been a worthy ending, and Peter's Pocket Grandpa isn't the only reason why I was confused.

Still, I'll find out on Saturday.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Im wondering why the cover blurb says only 2 issues to go when next week is the final issue unless this ssue is counted.im just feeling a bit dum at the mo. Oh well i suppose i can start cillecting phoenix or 2000 ad again now Dandy is dead.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

2 issues including the current one. But yeah, such a phrase would usually exclude the issue it's on, so they did screw up there I think.

I get the feeling that "It's a Blunderful Life" on page 26 is in the wrong comic. Why is Calamity James in the Dandy?

booksandcomics

Post by booksandcomics »

I've been wondering that myself. From reading the spoiler before reading the comic (the one about a very very very special guest), I kept thinking, surely, he's not it? Perhaps they used it for space filler? Is it in this weeks Beano?

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

No, two different puzzle pages with no established characters appeared, one drawn by Lew Stringer, which was confirmed to be intended for the Beano as he said one should appear shortly, and the other by Stu Munro, who also did the Blunderful Life one.
http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID ... 4137287355

And the special guest spoiler is for next week's Dandy, I was talking about this week's.

booksandcomics

Post by booksandcomics »

My error that one. I read the post hear first about there being a special guest before my issue turned up. Very excited now for next week!