Ebay - you want how much for it???

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

abacus

Re: Ebay - you want how much for it???

Post by abacus »

This Ebay item can be confusing at first glance.I bought this book from a pound shop a few years ago it is just an ordinary 96 page A3 size book and is called a suitcase full of stories and games as part of the title.
Don't get me wrong this is an excellent book which I was planning to post about but the price here is way too high and don't forget the £30 postage this guys asking.
The £11 others are offering the book for would be nearer the mark.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USED-VG-A-Tri ... SwCfdXpjKh
Also its written by Jane Brierley this guys missed off part of the name but then again I intend to post about the artwork and its revelance to U.K comics when I get around to it.

Amazingly the seller has reduced the price by £40 since I posted this yesterday.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

I think this Warlord seller is very optimistic considering someone was trying to sell an almost complete run for less than this price!
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

colcool007 wrote:I think this Warlord seller is very optimistic considering someone was trying to sell an almost complete run for less than this price!

I've offered him a tenner which wasn't automatically rejected!

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

I must admit sometimes I make offers on very over priced items not really intending to buy but so the seller makes a counter offer which I can decline.

But when the item never sells they are then left regretting turning down my first fmv offer. :D

There's fun to be had on eBay other than actually buying stuff...

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

koollectablz wrote:I must admit sometimes I make offers on very over priced items not really intending to buy but so the seller makes a counter offer which I can decline.

But when the item never sells they are then left regretting turning down my first fmv offer. :D

There's fun to be had on eBay other than actually buying stuff...

Lovely to see someone as cynical as me!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

My mate Steve told me last week that a small Kellogs variety pack of Sugar Smacks from the 60s with Virgil Tracy on it sold for £512.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

stevezodiac wrote:My mate Steve told me last week that a small Kellogs variety pack of Sugar Smacks from the 60s with Virgil Tracy on it sold for £512.
this one £560

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kelloggs-SUGA ... SwSlBY0K33

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Yes. And it still has the cereal inside which is a bonus if you are peckish. Can't believe he didn't waive postage.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

big bad bri wrote:
stevezodiac wrote:My mate Steve told me last week that a small Kellogs variety pack of Sugar Smacks from the 60s with Virgil Tracy on it sold for £512.
this one £560

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kelloggs-SUGA ... SwSlBY0K33
That is just an insane price!

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

How does this guy have so many stars!?

This is one of the 9 remaining issues I need for the set. It's priced at more that I paid for the first 120 issues!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BULLET-Classi ... Sw7GRZBjnM

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

Adam Eterno wrote:How does this guy have so many stars!?

This is one of the 9 remaining issues I need for the set. It's priced at more that I paid for the first 120 issues!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BULLET-Classi ... Sw7GRZBjnM
Imagine how much he could have sold it for if he'd bothered to flatten out the pages! :lol:

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

You see that so much on eBay its not even funny!

Why don't people make the best of what they have. I'm not saying plaster tape all over everything or colour touch or stuff like that.

But at least flatten out a bent over page!

Even sellers with feedback in the thousands and who sell for large prices do it. Take the TV Comic Special from 1967 that sold recently. The 1968 listed at the same time by the same seller went for well over £50, yet the 1967 went for £15...

The '67 was creased and bent over along the top edge, which impacted on the realised price. Easy money left on the table by not presenting an item in the very best way. Literally 3 seconds using a medium iron along the internal cover edge with some brown paper inbetween would have added at least another £20. Even flattening it by hand and leaving it under a heavy book over night would have worked.

Considering the seller lists on consignment I'm not sure its doing the very best for the owner, or indeed maximizing his cut.

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

And here is another seller that equates old with valuable with his estimation for this 1964 Hornet run.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Slightly different than usual, I'm really surprised how little was bid on an Iconic #1. It may not be in pristine condition and there is a reserve on it but a maximum bid of £1.20?!

I've had a feeling for some time that the old text comics are waning in popularity but so little interest in this was surprising

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252942159164? ... EBIDX%3AIT

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Don't get me wrong, but I would love to get this display unit for the house. But at that price? I would have to be on serious drugs to pay even a tenth of that price.