What comics did you buy today?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

paw broon

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by paw broon »

Actually yesterday, when I visited Bannjaxx Comics in Stirling. I bought The Wildstorm #1 & 2 (Warren Ellis); Red Sonja #6; Batwoman #3 (and I think that's going to be my last issue as I find it depressing); Batman/Shadow #3 (weird, menacing, mysterious, haven't a clue where this is going but I'll keep with it); Betty and Veronica Double digest and Riverdale comics digest #2.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

There's still not a lot out there that I'm after currently.......or the price is well above my comfort level.

I have managed to pick up 1 more Hurricane, 1 more Wham! and 6 Commando comics in the 400s' all filling in gaps.

I also bought the 2nd Valiant Summer Special from one of our esteemed members here (and a lovely copy it is).

The only #1s I've managed to pick up are Robin #1 (with free gift) - IPC - 1985 and Captain Midnight #100 (which is actually the #1) - L Miller from 1950.

There's always next week!

judomole

Post by judomole »

just pre-ordered my copy of the Hook Jaw Archives at a good price from
speedyhen books :)

http://www.speedyhen.com/Product/Pat-Mi ... e/21429512

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

That's a cracking price!

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Bought another 34 Commandos and they range from 601 (November 1971) to 982 (November 1975). 14 more doubles but 20 more gaps in the collection filled. It also means that I can do another condition check and keep the ones that are in better condition and pass on the ones that I no longer need.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

paw broon

Post by paw broon »

At the Glasgow mart today, I bought (and in one case, traded for) some old British comics.
3 x WDL reprints; Lone Ranger # 21; Roy Rogers & Trigger # 65; Gene Autry & Champion # 12.
A Miller reprint of a Charlton - Rocky Lane's Black Jack.
True Life Adventures #14, published by Mans World Comics. I have never set eyes on this title.
Also The Leopard of Lime Street and I can't wait to settle down with this one.
A Panini Doctor Who collection - the 2nd vol. of the McGann strips.

Richard S.

Post by Richard S. »

22 issues of Buddy - a selection of issues from #1 up to #37 - but does include #1-3. £5 at the local car boot sale.
my blog: http://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.co.uk/
facebook: Richard Sheaf
facebook group: Boys adventure comic blog
Twitter: @richardandsheaf
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BoysAdventureComics/

judomole

Post by judomole »

koollectablz wrote:That's a cracking price!
your welcome
there is also this to look forward to
http://www.speedyhen.com/Product/Gerry- ... s/21532095

and this although this is not really comic related
http://www.speedyhen.com/Product/Chris- ... t/21532112

blaing

Post by blaing »

Just received in the mail this morning: the Dandy 80th Birthday special.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

178 more Commandos, in 2 purchases, filling gaps although a lot will be doubles.
Valiant Annual 1979 - 3 more for the set
Captain Britain #9-#12 (1985) completing the set which I sold 4 years ago and instantly regretted. Another set completed which is always a great feeling.

starscape

Post by starscape »

Not exactly bought but I was over in my old flat in Egypt where I left a bunch of comics. I'd completely forgotten about a number of them. I gave the Arabic Marvel and Tashkeel Comics (original Egyptian comics in English) to my nephew, along with some Classics from the Comics.

I've taken home a good few, including the original small press Starscape bimonthly comics, featuring the Leopard from Lime Street (sorry Rebellion, I got there first), as well as others (including my own Deterrent - really must publish the rest someday as I left it on a cliffedge as the Dreen turn up!). I also picked up a few of the collected editions of Starscape, such as some Collected Hook Jaw (sorry Rebellion, I got there first), including the hardback edition (one of only four in existence).

Left behind a number due to space. I was surprised to see I had a whole load of Commandos (issues around the 4000 mark), although, frustratingly not the #1 of the Arabic version. I've no idea where that is coolcol. Maybe in one of my comic boxes at home? Not opened some of these in ages. I do remember the cover was not 'Walk or Die' but one where it features a character with a peaked cap, shorts (I think!) and with a raised pistol in his left hand. Might have been a Nazi? Possibly a green uniform?
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

starscape wrote:Left behind a number due to space. I was surprised to see I had a whole load of Commandos (issues around the 4000 mark), although, frustratingly not the #1 of the Arabic version. I've no idea where that is coolcol. Maybe in one of my comic boxes at home? Not opened some of these in ages. I do remember the cover was not 'Walk or Die' but one where it features a character with a peaked cap, shorts (I think!) and with a raised pistol in his left hand. Might have been a Nazi? Possibly a green uniform?
I will keep hoping that you find it as I am starting to go down the picture library rabbit hole in a big way these days. I have had 80 delivered this week from two of my fellow boarders. And it means that I might have a few more doubles but it also means that I have filled in 51 more gaps.

Could that be Fast Gun issue 4597 (or 85 or 571) ?

starscape

Post by starscape »

Very similar pose but not quite what I remember. I also remember a mostly white background
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

starscape wrote:Very similar pose but not quite what I remember. I also remember a mostly white background
Now, I am thinking of issue 1425 Hard As Nails!

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

13 sparky's arrived along with another 2 buster on my list.I also got 3 90s busters i already had but they were cheap and all had the free gifts so thought why not.