Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Automatic log out? 

How long do you get when posting on the forum before you are automatically logged out (and without any warning)?
I've just spent 30-45 mins (or maybe more) typing in text, only to be told "You need to be logged in to post to the forum" (or suchlike) when I tried to submit it.

Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:59 pm
Sir!

Sorry to hear that Toxteth.

There is no time limit when editing a new post, but you do need to be logged in.

Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:46 pm
Guru

Al wrote:
There is no time limit when editing a new post, but you do need to be logged in.
If Toxteth is writing anything, Al, such as the kind of thing I'm writing now, he must already be logged in. In my experience, if you have been spending the kind of time writing that Toxteth mentions, and then constantly previewing what you have written so far, the system can log you out. When this has happened to me in the past I have simply clicked on the arrow at the top of the page and gone backwards twice where I find that what I had written is still there. I then preview it again, and then move forward normally.

Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:43 pm
Sir!

Indeed you do. I was just referring to Toxteth's mention of the, "You need to be logged in to post to the forum" (or suchlike) part of his post. I'm guessing the suchlike message was something else.

Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:50 am
Guru

Al wrote:
I'm guessing the suchlike message was something else.
If by something else you mean that Toxteth is simply unsure about having remembered with absolute accuracy the phrase You need to be logged in to post to the forum, then I agree with you.

Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:36 am

toxteth o'grady wrote:
How long do you get when posting on the forum before you are automatically logged out (and without any warning)?
I've just spent 30-45 mins (or maybe more) typing in text, only to be told "You need to be logged in to post to the forum" (or suchlike) when I tried to submit it.

If it keeps happening, and you want to compose a very long post that'll take that length of time, it might be better to type it out in Word or similar text editing software, then log on and cut and paste.

Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:15 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]