Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Comic titles and artists (part 2) 

colcool007 wrote:
Nikos Nikolaidis wrote:
I beleive that the artist of "The Boxer Nobody Knows" was Juan Giralt.

If you want examples of Giralt's work, then you need to look at Haddie which was in the Hotspur (which we have only recently discussed), The Blitz Kid which was in The Hornet and Red Dagger and The Bootneck Boy in Battle. Giralt also did quite a few of the Football Picture Story Monthlies too.

However, the artist for The Boxer Nobody Knows has a style that is distinct from Giralt's and it's an artist that I would not mind having a name put to the style.

Sorry, I can't understand the meaning of your phrase: "having a name put to the style" :? :( :)

Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:31 am
Mr Valeera

Nikos Nikolaidis wrote:
colcool007 wrote:
Nikos Nikolaidis wrote:
I beleive that the artist of "The Boxer Nobody Knows" was Juan Giralt.

If you want examples of Giralt's work, then you need to look at Haddie which was in the Hotspur (which we have only recently discussed), The Blitz Kid which was in The Hornet and Red Dagger and The Bootneck Boy in Battle. Giralt also did quite a few of the Football Picture Story Monthlies too.

However, the artist for The Boxer Nobody Knows has a style that is distinct from Giralt's and it's an artist that I would not mind having a name put to the style.

Sorry, I can't understand the meaning of your phrase: "having a name put to the style" :? :( :)
Hi Nikos, what I meant is that I can recognise the style of the art, but I don't know who the artist is. However, I would like to know who the artist is as they did quite a large amount of work for D C Thomson.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:55 pm
Profile WWW

colcool007 wrote:
However, I would like to know who the artist is as they did quite a large amount of work for D C Thomson.

Same here col. Hopefully, someone will be able to solve the mystery of his identity.

Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:35 pm
Mr Valeera

chrisb wrote:
colcool007 wrote:
However, I would like to know who the artist is as they did quite a large amount of work for D C Thomson.

Same here col. Hopefully, someone will be able to solve the mystery of his identity.

My money is on Ray coming to our rescue. :D

Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2