Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Comic titles and artists (part 2) 
Author Message

Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:32 pm
Posts: 41
Reply with quote
colcool007 wrote:
Nikos Nikolaidis wrote:
I beleive that the artist of "The Boxer Nobody Knows" was Juan Giralt.

If you want examples of Giralt's work, then you need to look at Haddie which was in the Hotspur (which we have only recently discussed), The Blitz Kid which was in The Hornet and Red Dagger and The Bootneck Boy in Battle. Giralt also did quite a few of the Football Picture Story Monthlies too.

However, the artist for The Boxer Nobody Knows has a style that is distinct from Giralt's and it's an artist that I would not mind having a name put to the style.


Sorry, I can't understand the meaning of your phrase: "having a name put to the style" :? :( :)


Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:31 am
Profile
Mr Valeera
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:06 pm
Posts: 3377
Location: Lost in time, lost in space
Reply with quote
Nikos Nikolaidis wrote:
colcool007 wrote:
Nikos Nikolaidis wrote:
I beleive that the artist of "The Boxer Nobody Knows" was Juan Giralt.

If you want examples of Giralt's work, then you need to look at Haddie which was in the Hotspur (which we have only recently discussed), The Blitz Kid which was in The Hornet and Red Dagger and The Bootneck Boy in Battle. Giralt also did quite a few of the Football Picture Story Monthlies too.

However, the artist for The Boxer Nobody Knows has a style that is distinct from Giralt's and it's an artist that I would not mind having a name put to the style.


Sorry, I can't understand the meaning of your phrase: "having a name put to the style" :? :( :)
Hi Nikos, what I meant is that I can recognise the style of the art, but I don't know who the artist is. However, I would like to know who the artist is as they did quite a large amount of work for D C Thomson.

_________________
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!


Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:55 pm
Profile WWW

Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:39 pm
Posts: 101
Location: Bonnybridge, Scotland
Reply with quote
colcool007 wrote:
However, I would like to know who the artist is as they did quite a large amount of work for D C Thomson.

Same here col. Hopefully, someone will be able to solve the mystery of his identity.


Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:35 pm
Profile
Mr Valeera
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:06 pm
Posts: 3377
Location: Lost in time, lost in space
Reply with quote
chrisb wrote:
colcool007 wrote:
However, I would like to know who the artist is as they did quite a large amount of work for D C Thomson.

Same here col. Hopefully, someone will be able to solve the mystery of his identity.

My money is on Ray coming to our rescue. :D

_________________
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!


Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:59 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.