Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Carlos Ezquerra RIP 

Very sorry to see (via Twitter) that Carlos Ezquerra has just died. The snippet from the Sun that shows up on a google search says 'The co-creator of Judge Dredd has died in Spain at the age of 70 after a battle with lung cancer, it emerged today'. Alas!

01 Oct 2018, 16:58
Profile WWW

Oh no! :cry:

01 Oct 2018, 19:48
Mr Valeera

It was his second battle with lung cancer and we all thought that Carlos was through the worst of it until today.

In my tribute, I am going to concentrate on his work in Wizard as that seems to be all but forgotten these days.

01 Oct 2018, 21:05
Profile WWW

Tragic news. I'm devastated, that Wizard cover you posted today was a new one on me. Fantastic!

05 Oct 2018, 18:40
Mr Valeera

Dave Heeley wrote:
Tragic news. I'm devastated, that Wizard cover you posted today was a new one on me. Fantastic!
I'm going to post a new Carlos cover each day until I run out of them. I am going to be doing an obituary for ComicScene and I wonder if anyone has any examples of Carlos' work in Mirabelle or know what other romance comic he worked for before he got his DCT break?

05 Oct 2018, 23:02
Profile WWW

I just discovered this thread and am in shock.

A great loss.

I haven't seen anything in either 2000AD or Judge Dredd Megazine though I wasn't looking for it. I can't believe that they won't do a tribute similar to the one given to Tom Frame.

I wonder what will happen to Strontium Dog since Carlos was Johnny's definitive artist?

Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.

08 Oct 2018, 19:33
Profile YIM

Dave Heeley wrote:

where is wizard cover posted ? i havent come across it lol

08 Oct 2018, 23:44

big bad bri wrote:
Dave Heeley wrote:

where is wizard cover posted ? i havent come across it lol

Col put it on Facebook

09 Oct 2018, 08:39
Mr Valeera

Fear not if you don't have me on Facebook, John Freeman has collected the first few in a tribute to Carlos in this article

09 Oct 2018, 17:41
Profile WWW

colcool007 wrote:
Fear not if you don't have me on Facebook, John Freeman has collected the first few in a tribute to Carlos in this article

Good tribute.

I am planning to get the last Sniper Elite comic with cover drawn by Carlos and featuring Battle's Rat Pack.

Loving comics since 1969 including: Action, Battle, Captain Britain, Champ, CLiNT, Cracker, The Crunch, The Dandy, Doctor Who Comic, Eagle, Eagle, Hotspur, Hurricane, Jet, Lion, The Magic Comic, Red Dagger, Revolver, Scream!, Smash!, Spike, Starblazer, Starlord, Strip, Thunder, Valiant, Vulcan and Warrior.

11 Oct 2018, 00:16
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]