What comics did you buy today?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: AndyB, colcool007

User avatar
Adam Eterno
Posts: 1336
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 01:05
Location: Southampton/London

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by Adam Eterno »

Shiner wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 21:10
As an infant my first comic collection, consisting only of Pippin and Playland, was thrown away by my mother. I’ve always meant to go back and reacquire those very early 1970s issues. Now the first few dozen are due to roll in, so I can relive the delights of The Moonbeans, The Herbs and Mary Mungo & Midge all over again.
I’m Dill the dog, I’m a dog named Dill! I used to love that programme. Parsley the Lion I remember too

User avatar
colcool007
Mr Valeera
Posts: 3853
Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 18:06
Location: Lost in time, lost in space
Contact:

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by colcool007 »

Adam Eterno wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 16:57
Shiner wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 21:10
As an infant my first comic collection, consisting only of Pippin and Playland, was thrown away by my mother. I’ve always meant to go back and reacquire those very early 1970s issues. Now the first few dozen are due to roll in, so I can relive the delights of The Moonbeans, The Herbs and Mary Mungo & Midge all over again.
I’m Dill the dog, I’m a dog named Dill! I used to love that programme. Parsley the Lion I remember too
You were not the only one to enjoy The Herbs.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Captain underpants
Posts: 26
Joined: 08 Apr 2019, 12:35
Location: Sunshine Island

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by Captain underpants »

colcool007 wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 18:50
Adam Eterno wrote:
01 Sep 2020, 16:57
Shiner wrote:
31 Aug 2020, 21:10
As an infant my first comic collection, consisting only of Pippin and Playland, was thrown away by my mother. I’ve always meant to go back and reacquire those very early 1970s issues. Now the first few dozen are due to roll in, so I can relive the delights of The Moonbeans, The Herbs and Mary Mungo & Midge all over again.
I’m Dill the dog, I’m a dog named Dill! I used to love that programme. Parsley the Lion I remember too
You were not the only one to enjoy The Herbs.
That makes me feel real old as I remember Twizzle and the song from Torchy the battery boy all classic TV an innocent time that’s seems to be long gone

User avatar
stevezodiac
Posts: 4763
Joined: 23 May 2006, 20:43
Location: space city

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by stevezodiac »

The first nursery programme I remember is the Pingwings which may have been Oliver Postgate's first TV series. Also enjoyed the Telegoons at Saturday tea time. Which also reminds me of waiting at the newsagents around 6pm on Saturdays for the classified Evening News for my dad. I have a soft spot for DC Thomson nursery comics with Baby Crockett by Bill Ritchie.

davidandrewsimpson
Posts: 274
Joined: 03 Jun 2008, 16:57

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by davidandrewsimpson »

Telegoons appeared in TV Comic. Lots of images at https://www.google.com/search?q=tv+comi ... 8&bih=1024

User avatar
abacus
Posts: 639
Joined: 27 Jun 2014, 07:10
Location: leicester uk

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by abacus »

I spent a fiver at todays carboot sale. I bought Tv21 annual £2.50,Fantastic annual £2 and paid 50p for a Tv mirror annual which unfortunately had some full image portraits cut out which I didn't notice at the time of buying , but I am happy with my two main buys
Image

davidandrewsimpson
Posts: 274
Joined: 03 Jun 2008, 16:57

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by davidandrewsimpson »

The new Battle Of Britain Special from Rebellion. Rat Pack as nasty as ever, balanced by a short story that left me a bit misty-eyed, and I've still lots to read. In the shops later this week. 100 pages.

User avatar
Adam Eterno
Posts: 1336
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 01:05
Location: Southampton/London

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by Adam Eterno »

davidandrewsimpson wrote:
14 Sep 2020, 22:16
The new Battle Of Britain Special from Rebellion. Rat Pack as nasty as ever, balanced by a short story that left me a bit misty-eyed, and I've still lots to read. In the shops later this week. 100 pages.
I’m looking forward to mine arriving.

User avatar
SID
Posts: 1638
Joined: 02 Oct 2008, 22:53
Location: Reading comics since 1969. Collecting comics since 1975.
Contact:

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by SID »

Adam Eterno wrote:
15 Sep 2020, 00:19
davidandrewsimpson wrote:
14 Sep 2020, 22:16
The new Battle Of Britain Special from Rebellion. Rat Pack as nasty as ever, balanced by a short story that left me a bit misty-eyed, and I've still lots to read. In the shops later this week. 100 pages.
I’m looking forward to mine arriving.
Got my copy this week. Good read with my favourite being Rat Pack. That Major Taggart's a bit of a rogue. :wink:
My Regulars:
2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Doctor Who: TFTTC (2016-), MAD (2016-), Deadpool Unleashed (2017-), Marvel Legends (2017-), Batman: TOTDK (2020-), The77 (2020-).

Post Reply