superman legends

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Peter Gray

superman legends

Post by Peter Gray »

superman legends

I'm enjoying this....got number 3...... Lios with super powers...Atlas and Samson...good fun
I like the silver age comics..

are the other 2 stories not written in a silver age style..? the second story had the prankster in it which was a surprise...

Is the Batman legends...the all star especially........any good....

also does the UK have green latern legends.......will it be coming out?

mrbananas

superman legends

Post by mrbananas »

There is a new title from Titan called Justice League Legends out in a month or two. I read an interview with the editor on Down The Tubes and I think he said that one of the initial back up strips will be Green Lantern

Cap Haggis

superman legends

Post by Cap Haggis »

good to hear about the Justice League title (one of my favourite comics) I'll look out for that one - Batman Legends is pretty good Peter (especially if you like Superman Legends) Although I would pick up Astonishing Spiderman at the moment which is also reprinting some great 1960s Johnny Romita (Senior) strips along wotht he more recent reprint - The main Superman strip in Legends is an all new reprint (if you know what I mean) and not a silver age one (with art and story by UK talent - 2 local Glasgow lads Morrision and Quietly)although it does tip its hat to the 60's.
Cap Haggis to the rescue of all deep fried foods

PaulTwist

superman legends

Post by PaulTwist »

June 21st for Justice League Legends, according to an ad in the current Batman Legends. Really looking forward to this - I've not been buying Titan's Batman or Superman Legends as I already have some of the original comics, but I missed out on Metzer's JLA and it looks great. Justice looks lovely too.

Lew Stringer

Re: superman legends

Post by Lew Stringer »

PaulTwist wrote:Justice looks lovely too.

Agreed. Justice is well worth the cover price alone. British artist Doug Braithwaite doing the best work of his career in my opinion. I'm not sure how well Alex Ross' painted finishes will reproduce on the Titan edition though. Hopefully it'll look okay.

Lew