New books on comics

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Ian

New books on comics

Post by Ian »

Over the past few months there has been some great books released such as Best of Look in 70s,Charlie,s War,Albion book,Eagle best of etc.

Does any of you comic fans out there know of any other books due to be released on the subject of british comics?

ps not a book on british comics as such but for a cracking good read with some funny illustrations I would recommend Harry Hills book - Tim the Tiny Horse

Cap Haggis

New books on comics

Post by Cap Haggis »

The only books I am aware of apart from the usual suspects (DCT Classic Annual and the Best of Broons / Oor Wullie) are a Captain Britain (vol2) book) and what I assume is another new Commando collection the "Anzacs Wars" (I don't read war stories very often so this may be a reissue) -There is alway the "Hookjaw" reprint from last year if you didn't pick that up or of course the excellent Eagle "Dan Dare" reprint vols and Lew Stringers Brickman collection (very funny).
Cap Haggis to the rescue of all deep fried foods

felneymike
Fence Sitter

New books on comics

Post by felneymike »

ANZACS at war came out in Australia and New Zealand ages ago, shortly after the second book, True Brit. But only came out in Britain in July-August this year.

There is also one book of stories from Battle picture library, and one from War picture library... and later on (valentines day next year i think) there's going to be a collection of romantic stories from one of the girl's picture libraries

Captain Storm

New books on comics

Post by Captain Storm »

Steve Holland has mooted that he may re-release some of his old indices at a budget price as a stopgap between newer up to date ones.

Steve Flanagan

New books on comics

Post by Steve Flanagan »

You need the UK graphic novel release list maintained by John Freeman at Down The Tubes:
http://www.downthetubes.net/resources/c ... ases1.html

It's a bit out of date. No mention of the next Modesty Blaise volume from Titan, after "The Inca Trail" (now reaching the couple of stories drawn by John M Burns), or of the upcoming collection of the Frank Bellamy Robin Hood strips from Swift; and he still suggsts that there will be a UK edition of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Black Dossier; but otherwise the best single source.

Oh, and don't forget that Penguin India is reprinting the entirety of Garth.

Gary Northfield

New books on comics

Post by Gary Northfield »

The second volume of the Complete Moomins comic strips came out last week. Even though Tove Jansson was Finnish and the books are published by the Canadian Drawn and Quarterly, the strips originally appeared in the London Evening News in the 1950s. For my money these books are a must have and I can seriously say that I was counting the days till the release of this edition.

P.S. I totally agree about Harry Hill's Tim the Tiny horse book! It's totally nuts. Didn't like the look of his Queen Mother book though.