What comics do you read on a regular basis?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Sidnny

What comics do you read on a regular basis?

Post by Sidnny »

Even in my 40s, I still love comics. The ones I read regularly are:

2000AD
Judge Dredd Megazine
Dandy Extreme
Spaceship Away

All great in their way.
Reading comics since 1969. My comics are: The Dandy Xtreme (since 1969), 2000AD (since 1977), Judge Dredd Megazine (since 1990) and Spaceship Away (since 2003).

THE MOOSE

Re: What comics do you read on a regular basis?

Post by THE MOOSE »

I tend to follow artists and writers now rather than comics titles and do not regulary purchase any original UK comics (pick up the odd one) - However I generally purchase the following:

Regularly bought:

Comics International
Ultimate Spiderman (US version) - great version very well written
Conan ( mostly habit as been reading this since issue 25 of the US Marvel title)
Anything with Greg Land or Neal Adams etc art

More often that not
Thunderbolts (was following a story that's now finished with great art)
Hulk
Action Comics (with Gary Franks art - Geoff Johns story)
All Star Superman

Now and then
the odd Marvel Panini or Titan DC comic title
Classics from the comics

Sidnny

Post by Sidnny »

I love the Ultimate Spider-man series. So much so that I wait and buy the compiled hardbacked volumes rather than the individual comics themselves. To tell the truth I prefer that to the regular Spider-man with whom I got a bit lost after the Civil War caper (first he was on the run with his identity known and now no-one seems to know???).

I am also keen on the Ultimates and Ultimate Fantastic Four

I also like Classics from the Comics but I hardly ever see it so hardly ever buy.

I also keep meaning to buy an issue of Crikey! to see what that's like. I wonder if it's like the old British Comic World (remember that?).
Reading comics since 1969. My comics are: The Dandy Xtreme (since 1969), 2000AD (since 1977), Judge Dredd Megazine (since 1990) and Spaceship Away (since 2003).

Conor B

Post by Conor B »

The Beano
BeanoMAX
The Dandy (Xtreme)

Also sometimes Classics from the Comics, when I can be sure that I want to spend my money
Last edited by Conor B on 29 May 2009, 22:28, edited 1 time in total.
Comic Genius Runner Up 2006

THE MOOSE

Post by THE MOOSE »

Sidnny - Yes I agree the "original Marvel universe" Spiderman titles are to complex now with 100s of un finsihed story threads and some really poor storys as well. The Ultimate line is far better, like starting over again (if only Gwen Stacy was Peters girlfriend again, all would be righ withthe world : :D ) and Bendis has kept that magic going in it - Love the Ultimates and Ultimate FF as well (actually the Original FF is good now as well) - Crikey is well worth looking into (although not all the info is spot on, or of interest to me- but lots of nice repros) - Not sure about British Comics WOrld (the old 70s title?) but Crikey is very well produced not too flashy but good.

SID

Post by SID »

Sidnny wrote:
24 Sep 2008, 23:30
Even in my 40s, I still love comics. The ones I read regularly are:

2000AD
Judge Dredd Megazine
Dandy Extreme
Spaceship Away

All great in their way.
Found one of my first ever threads that I started in ComicsUK back in 2008 (under a different account). Time has moved on and though I am a little older, I am reading more comics regularly than ever:

2000AD
Judge Dredd Megazine
Spaceship Away
Commando
Meanwhile...
Wolverine & Deadpool
Doctor Who - Tales from the TARDIS Comic
MAD
Deadpool Unleashed
Marvel Legends
The Vigilant
Brawler

Alas no Dandy Xtreme preferably known as The Dandy. Still missing you. :cheers:
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Still reading Commando regularly. I now find I am dipping into Rover and Wizard (both versions) on a more regular basis.

Also, and I am still blaming Paw Broon for this (Only kidding Stephen :wink: You know I am thoroughly enjoying going down all those rabbit holes ) in the fact that I am now hip deep in all the roads less travelled when it comes to Picture Libraries.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Currently it’s the Red Dagger series which will be followed by the Dan Dare Hawk books but that could be interrupted depending on what Santa brings!

Shiner

Post by Shiner »

Both 2000AD and Avengers (Panini) are regular pick ups from the newsagents.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Adam Eterno wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 04:02
Currently it’s the Red Dagger series which will be followed by the Dan Dare Hawk books but that could be interrupted depending on what Santa brings!
After you have finished reading the 30 issues in the RED DAGGER series, Adam, you might consider reading the 30 issues of LUCKY CHARM, the equivalent series for girls. You will discover that they are well worth the effort.

SID

Post by SID »

Phoenix wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 23:16
Adam Eterno wrote:
23 Dec 2019, 04:02
After you have finished reading the 30 issues in the RED DAGGER series, Adam, you might consider reading the 30 issues of LUCKY CHARM, the equivalent series for girls. You will discover that they are well worth the effort.
I must admit, Phoenix, I would be quite interested in that too. I currently got all the girls book produced by Rebellion (and enjoy them). So not only would I be interested in Lucky Charm but also Misty and Spellbound as well. :)
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).