What comics did you buy today?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

I got "THUNDERBOLT JAXON" No.2. very good art work and story.

Conor B

Post by Conor B »

Not today, but on Sunday I got 48 comics for ?6!!! Oh, actually I did get the Dandy yesterday...great because I have Irish relatives :) .
Comic Genius Runner Up 2006

Magnet

Post by Magnet »

I got the Dandy a few days ago and I thinking about getting 2000 AD. How much does it come out?

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by steelclaw »

Conor B wrote:Not today, but on Sunday I got 48 comics for ?6!!! Oh, actually I did get the Dandy yesterday...great because I have Irish relatives :) .
What were the 48 comics and where did you get them? Sounds like a bargain to me. I want some :lol:

Conor B

Post by Conor B »

Beano, Dandy, Whizzer & Chips, Whoopee, Jackpot, Cheeky, Plug. Other comics there were the only boys ones (not really interested)-Spike, Scorcher, Score n Roar, things like that. I got them at a book fair in Bebington. The next ones on 14th May, anyone who lives locally :) Can't wait to go!!!

EDIT: Oh, and the actual place is Mayor Hall, 10am-3pm
Last edited by Conor B on 20 Mar 2006, 19:53, edited 2 times in total.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

judge dredd monthly.(thank god it's going down to ?2.99 from next month as ?4.50 was just a bit to much).
essential silver surfer vol 1 and essential daredevil vol 1 not really comics i know but great cheap reads and am gonna get em all but would be better in colour.

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

I picked up a 1968 Valiant for ?2, in near mint condtion and it's a great read.

Conor B

Post by Conor B »

I've been again!!! 40 for ?5, a Broons and Oor Wullie book (A Nations Favourites) with Broons 1967 thrown in free!!! Oor Wullie 1996 for ?1, and a Funny Monthly annual for 50p!!!!!!

kevf

Post by kevf »

At the Comic Expo in Bristol this weekend I bought the Essential Howard The Duck paperback for a knockdown price of ?7, plus the charity comic Just One Page and a couple of small press things, my favourite being Destroy Bristol, a fun piece by local artists.

In the shops I bought The Dandy (for My Own Genie), 4 copies of The Beano (for my Wedding strip, I don't get free copies and I like to have a few), and a second copy of Dr Who Adventures with the clock on the front. Are there any other comics.

My second fave strip at the moment (after My Own Genie) is Doonesbury in The Guardian. Did anyone else read the BJ flashback story last week. Awe - as I believe the Americans say - some.

Kev F
Kev F - Comic Genius
http://comicfestival.co.uk

Peter Gray

Post by Peter Gray »

I bought today in Oxfam 2 Buster monster Funs 60p each....bargain.....one of them showed a happy new year with a creepy monster bell ringing drawn by Ken Reid- Martha's Monster make-up 1977 Buster

Magnet

Post by Magnet »

You know I still have about 50 Busters I haven't read, I just don't read them very fast.

Richard S.

Post by Richard S. »

Gotta agree with you there Kev, I'm a long-time Doonesbury fan and the flashback story was among the best of Trudeau's work IMHO.

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

I picked up this book today for ?4, (Not a comic I know) published in 1978 ,it has 190 pages and the story starts from the beginning, I'm not sure if it's the whole series though.

[img:814:1024]http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u283 ... xx/tri.jpg[/img]

Lew Stringer

Post by Lew Stringer »

I'm pleased to say my local newsagent had the latest Classics from the Comics in so I've just bought that. (I'd forgotten to subscribe! Must do that.)

Also picked up the latest Dandy Xtreme. Nice Dudley Watkins Desperate Dan strip in there, featuring a tram, a pawnshop, and a mangle! What will the kids make of that? :lol:

Lew
The blog of British comics: http://lewstringer.blogspot.com
My website: http://www.lewstringer.com
Blog about my own work: http://lewstringercomics.blogspot.com/

steelclaw
DC Skelton

Post by steelclaw »

Forgot to mention I picked up issue 39 Dr Who adventures.
I picked up Classic From the Comics yesterday from a Newsagent,as WH Smiths doesn't seem to stock it anymore, I'm quite liking The Great Flood Of London strip that started last month.