What comics did you buy today?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: AndyB, colcool007

User avatar
blaing
Posts: 899
Joined: 07 May 2010, 01:22
Location: SE Queensland, Australia

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by blaing »

Bought today from 30th Century comics, Buster, issue dated 30/10/1976, and the Dandy Summer Special for 1986.

User avatar
Adam Eterno
Posts: 1324
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 01:05
Location: Southampton/London

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by Adam Eterno »

Richard S. wrote:Tell me why - issue 1-18 in the original 'property of the stock room, Bear Alley, please return' binding - volume slightly bent but comics in immaculate condition
I've just seen these on Ebay that were of a similar genre I believe. Price seems a bargain!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1960S-KNOWLE ... SwMqVav5XC

User avatar
starscape
Posts: 978
Joined: 17 Jul 2011, 14:51
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by starscape »

paw broon wrote: Interestingly, Bulletgirl isn't some shy, always needing rescued sidekick, she really does get stuck into the bad guys.
A true heroine...
Image
always prepared...
Image
always brave...
Image
and the toughest lady around
Image

big bad bri
Posts: 1757
Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 15:50

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by big bad bri »

striker book vol 5 arrived

User avatar
Adam Eterno
Posts: 1324
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 01:05
Location: Southampton/London

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by Adam Eterno »

I spent most of my free time this weekend, when not enjoying the weather, loading duplicates on Ebay to try and balance the comic fund!

I did pick up a few bits and bobs though:

Victor Summer Specials 1970 & '71
Tiger Holiday Specials 1981 & '83
Superman Pocketbook #1 - Egmont - 1978
Mysteries of Scotland Yard #1 - Cartoon Art - 1955
Pixie #1 - IPC - 1972
Debbie #1 - DCT - 1973
Spellbound #1 - DCT - 1976
12 Wham comics - more gaps filled

User avatar
stevezodiac
Posts: 4746
Joined: 23 May 2006, 20:43
Location: space city

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by stevezodiac »

Enjoying the weather? Roll on October says I. Even as a kid I preferred to stay in the caravan (Clacton On Sea) reading comics than lying on the beach. Have always hated summer. Unrelenting sunshine is torture.

And now back to the topic. Blimey Japan score a second! That almost doubles their lead.

User avatar
Adam Eterno
Posts: 1324
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 01:05
Location: Southampton/London

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by Adam Eterno »

stevezodiac wrote:Enjoying the weather? Roll on October says I. Even as a kid I preferred to stay in the caravan (Clacton On Sea) reading comics than lying on the beach. Have always hated summer. Unrelenting sunshine is torture.

And now back to the topic. Blimey Japan score a second! That almost doubles their lead.
Great comeback by the Belgians though!

User avatar
stevezodiac
Posts: 4746
Joined: 23 May 2006, 20:43
Location: space city

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by stevezodiac »

One fluke goal.

User avatar
blaing
Posts: 899
Joined: 07 May 2010, 01:22
Location: SE Queensland, Australia

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by blaing »

Bought a replacement copy of Buster from 1988 (a bit of a consolidation prize, considering what I didn't get. See the "what comics did you nit buy" thread.

big bad bri
Posts: 1757
Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 15:50

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by big bad bri »

118 x Beano comic libraries
17 x Dandy comic libraries
16 victor annuals 1979 - 1994
38 tiger comics 1976
2000ad collection book 19

User avatar
Adam Eterno
Posts: 1324
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 01:05
Location: Southampton/London

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by Adam Eterno »

big bad bri wrote:118 x Beano comic libraries
17 x Dandy comic libraries
16 victor annuals 1979 - 1994
38 tiger comics 1976
2000ad collection book 19
That'll keep you busy!

big bad bri
Posts: 1757
Joined: 03 Mar 2006, 15:50

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by big bad bri »

Adam Eterno wrote:
big bad bri wrote:118 x Beano comic libraries
17 x Dandy comic libraries
16 victor annuals 1979 - 1994
38 tiger comics 1976
2000ad collection book 19
That'll keep you busy!
i buy stuff but never seem to have time to read em i have just read striker vols 1 -5 and am now making a start on the walking dead graphic novels 1 -28 i have :lol:

User avatar
Adam Eterno
Posts: 1324
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 01:05
Location: Southampton/London

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by Adam Eterno »

One of the weirder Streamline reprints that I've bought: Jimmy Durante Comics #1 - 1950 (see the picture).
Lion Holiday Special 1974
Dracula #1 (and only) - Thorpe & Porter - 1962
I swapped with a guy from a Facebook group to pick up Red Dagger #15 - Cast Iron Bill which means I only need #17 The Secret of Black Island for the set.
The Phantom #1 - World Adventure Library - 1967. I think that means I've now got all the WAL #1s although I think my Mandrake could do with an upgrade.
Mickey Mouse #1 - IPC - 1975
Attachments
Durante.jpg

User avatar
philcom55
Posts: 5170
Joined: 14 Jun 2006, 11:56

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by philcom55 »

Had a nice surprise today when visiting my local market: one of the stalls was completely covered with a selection of near-mint British comics from the 1950s and 1960s. Some I already had, but I managed to pick about 50 that I was really pleased with. But the really remarkable thing was the way that looking at them sent me right back in time to the early 1960s when nearly every British newsagent had a table or counter displaying all the latest comics alongside an eclectic range of back issues going back several months. For about half an hour I felt just like a kid again! :)

User avatar
Adam Eterno
Posts: 1324
Joined: 05 Dec 2014, 01:05
Location: Southampton/London

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by Adam Eterno »

philcom55 wrote:Had a nice surprise today when visiting my local market: one of the stalls was completely covered with a selection of near-mint British comics from the 1950s and 1960s. Some I already had, but I managed to pick about 50 that I was really pleased with. But the really remarkable thing was the way that looking at them sent me right back in time to the early 1960s when nearly every British newsagent had a table or counter displaying all the latest comics alongside an eclectic range of back issues going back several months. For about half an hour I felt just like a kid again! :)
Where!? I could have spent hours there! :)

Post Reply