What comics did you buy today?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

big bad bri

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by big bad bri »

a load more marvel ultimate graphic novels collection ( i cant wait for this to end :lol: ),
sniper elite issue 2
the beano xmas special and minnie the minx bookazine arrived from DCT as wll

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Sniper Elite issue 2 and another addition to my Lakes signing pile with Punisher: Blood On The Moors.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

Spectre Stories #1 - Spencer - 1967

This means that I have all of the comic first issues that Spencer published now unless anyone knows of any I've missed? They really are an acquired taste as the artwork and stories are quite poor! The 6 series are: Spectre Stories; Macabre Stories; Strange Stories; Fantasy Stories; The Purple Hood and Mark Tyme.

*Edit - I've just found this very informative article by Steve regarding John Spencer Publishing: https://bearalley.blogspot.com/2007/03/ ... omics.html

SID

Post by SID »

Just ordered two issues of Sniper Elite: Resistance.

Including issue 3 sporting an alternative cover drawn by the great and now late Carlos Ezquerra. Very vintage Battle Picture Weekly.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

ive heard a lot of good things about Locke and key so got the
first 3 graphic novels and 2000ad graphic novel collection issue 30,got2 new metro bookcases being delivered today to house my growing graphic novel collection

Richard S.

Post by Richard S. »

38 issues of warhammer comic (1990s vintage) - so that nearly completes the set - looking forward to cataloguing them this weekend
my blog: http://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.co.uk/
facebook: Richard Sheaf
facebook group: Boys adventure comic blog
Twitter: @richardandsheaf
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BoysAdventureComics/

Richard S.

Post by Richard S. »

5 issues of Battle with Storm Force - so just I issue needed now for the set

Ian Kennedy Commando calender (signed)
my blog: http://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.co.uk/
facebook: Richard Sheaf
facebook group: Boys adventure comic blog
Twitter: @richardandsheaf
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BoysAdventureComics/

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

My lovely Hardback copy of the 13th floor arrived,
and having just watched Happy on netflix i had to get the graphic novel.
latest Viz love the grange hill homage cover
also next weeks Beano and 2000ad arrived.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Went to the book fair in Bloomsbury today. Picked up a twelve issue bound volume of The Rainbow Jan-Apr. 1956. Not only does it contain my birth date issue but also the last ever issue. The comics are in almost new condition. All for a measly £2.

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

stevezodiac wrote:Went to the book fair in Bloomsbury today. Picked up a twelve issue bound volume of The Rainbow Jan-Apr. 1956. Not only does it contain my birth date issue but also the last ever issue. The comics are in almost new condition. All for a measly £2.
Nice one !!

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Eagle Annual Number 5 and Adventure 1609 from Novermber 1955. Both are now signed by Chas I Kennedy!
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I hadn't looked closely at those Rainbows and it hadn't occurred to me that twelve issues didn't cover four full months. It turns out one issue is numbered 1891/96 and dated March 10 to April 14 1956.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

This morning I had the Misty & Scream Halloween Special delivered along with the Scream and Misty version. That's my lunchtime reading sorted!

I also received:
Uncanny Tales #1 - Alan Class
22 2000AD specials which should just about complete all my 2000AD Sci Fi Specials with loads left over.
Pirates Comic #1 - Streamline
Real Clue Crime Stories #1 - Streamline

From the same seller of the Streamline comics, I couldn't resist some Comic Albums he had for sale. There's something about them that I love the look of. I have a feeling that much to my beloved's aghast, I may start collecting these as well soon:
Planet Adventure Book Comic Album
All Worlds Comic Album
Strange Suspense Stories Comic Album

Finally a comic I hadn't stumbled across before, IPC's Super Picture Special from 1969 with 448 pages!

Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

stevezodiac wrote:I hadn't looked closely at those Rainbows and it hadn't occurred to me that twelve issues didn't cover four full months. It turns out one issue is numbered 1891/96 and dated March 10 to April 14 1956.
I must admit I was wondering about the amount of comics. Could you post a picture of the 1891/96, I'd love to see it.

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

Hawkeye wrote:
stevezodiac wrote:I hadn't looked closely at those Rainbows and it hadn't occurred to me that twelve issues didn't cover four full months. It turns out one issue is numbered 1891/96 and dated March 10 to April 14 1956.
I must admit I was wondering about the amount of comics. Could you post a picture of the 1891/96, I'd love to see it.
This, of course, happened across the whole range of AP titles in Mar/Apr 1956 as it had also happened a couple of times before.