What comics did you buy today?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Re: What comics did you buy today?

Post by colcool007 »

Well, I now only need issue 3 to have a full run of Ranger as I received the other 39 today! Over 3 years worth of Eagle need also to be taken into consideration and they are a mix of series 1 and 2.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Thanks, that sounds like who I was thinking of.

Kashgar
Guru

Post by Kashgar »

Not that Phil's identification warrants further confirmation but 'The Conway Cousins' is certainly the work of Eric Parker.

SID

Post by SID »

Well chuffed.

I recently bought three years worth of Victors from the late 80s/early 90s. All in very good condition and with a price of 70p per issue, a great deal.

I never realised how good Victor was in its twilight years (used to get it in the early 80s).
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Got a free copy of black max from a rebellion/brit comics twitter retweet thing,Batman damned 1,the bat peen is rarely visible in the shadows so dunno what all the fuss was about.also the last few marvel ultimate collection graphic novels i needed so now have issues 1 - 180.

blaing

Post by blaing »

Just bought today from the DC Thomson Shop (Beano Shop) this year's classic Beano and Dandy book (Food Fight)

I should have that by Christmas.

SID

Post by SID »

blaing wrote:Just bought today from the DC Thomson Shop (Beano Shop) this year's classic Beano and Dandy book (Food Fight)

I should have that by Christmas.
I hope to get my copy (along with this year's The Dandy Annual) from my local WHSmiths on Christmas Eve.
Reading comics since 1970. My Current Regulars are: 2000 AD (1977-), Judge Dredd Megazine (1990-), Spaceship Away (2003-), Commando (2013-), Monster Fun (2022-), Deadpool and Wolverine (2023-), Quantum (2023-).

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

Picked up the latest Judge Dredd Megazine, which is bagged with a mini-magazine tribute to Carlos Ezquerra.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

Got 40+ whizzer and chips from 30th century during week so roughly 30 issues needed for the complete set.40+ dc collection graphic novels so missing 1 of those

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

big bad bri wrote:Got 40+ whizzer and chips from 30th century during week so roughly 30 issues needed for the complete set.
Well done, Bri. Put an eBay search out for the remainder, and good luck with your quest. You'll get them in the end, never fear.

blaing

Post by blaing »

Just got an email from Book Depository informing me that Creepy Creations has been sent from Rebellion and will be shipped out very soon.

In the not too distant future, I will pre-order the Sweeny Toddler volume, and when it is available to preorder, the World Wide Weirdies.

Hope it won't be too long before Faceache Volume two shows up.

big bad bri

Post by big bad bri »

blaing wrote:Just got an email from Book Depository informing me that Creepy Creations has been sent from Rebellion and will be shipped out very soon.

In the not too distant future, I will pre-order the Sweeny Toddler volume, and when it is available to preorder, the World Wide Weirdies.

Hope it won't be too long before Faceache Volume two shows up.
is there going to be a sweeny toddler book i've not heard anything if its true i cant wait

blaing

Post by blaing »

Yes, Bri, Sweeny Toddler is scheduled to come out in July.

Lew Stringer has an updated listing in the Treasury of British Comics on his blog, here:

http://lewstringer.blogspot.com/2018/11 ... ry-of.html

Here is the cover of the Sweeny Toddler book in this post

http://lewstringer.blogspot.com/2018/11 ... -2019.html

Richard S.

Post by Richard S. »

8 issues of Gibbs Ivory Castle Arrow comic - see Lew's blog for details

http://lewstringer.blogspot.com/2012/03 ... arrow.html

great selection of artists (as he notes) plus Don 'Dan Dare' Harley as well

Hard work to collect all 11 issue I imagine so will probably have to be happy with these 8
my blog: http://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.co.uk/
facebook: Richard Sheaf
facebook group: Boys adventure comic blog
Twitter: @richardandsheaf
Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/BoysAdventureComics/

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Won't the Steel Commando book be looked at by DC THOMSON due to its masthead having a strong resemblance to their Commando library? Also I'd like to see Tom Paterson's Sweeney Toddler strips collected as well.

By the way, why are there so few contributions to the forum nowadays? I wish Lew would come back and some old favourites are nowhere to be seen.