Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Just a swift reminder to say that if you have something to say, say it in one post and not drag it out over several posts as we would all prefer to answer in full to one post rather than to say and another thing was....

The only reason for me saying this is that I have noticed that I have been one of the worst offenders in posting items that have led onto totally different topics from the one that I started on.
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

ISPYSHHHGUY

Re: Posts

Post by ISPYSHHHGUY »

it's all part of being human, col.....welcome to this glorious mess we call 'civilization!'

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

colcool007 wrote: The only reason for me saying this is that I have noticed that I have been one of the worst offenders in posting items that have led onto totally different topics from the one that I started on.
I can totally emphathise with that....

Topics were great, weren't they? Do they still make them? Mind you, I preferred Marathon. Before they changed the name. And Lion bars...

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

:lol: Nice joke there Tony! If the question about Topic bars was serious, yes they do still make them.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Digifiend wrote:Nice joke there Tony!
Humour spotted in a Tony post.............Hold the front page!

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

phoenix4ever wrote:
Digifiend wrote:Nice joke there Tony!
Humour spotted in a Tony post.............Hold the front page!
Are you insinuating that I am normally devoid of humour, Phoenix? That I am, in fact, a dour and grimly humourless individual who plods through life never cracking a smile or raising his voice in laughter? That I am incapable of a merry quip or jolly jest due to my being a grim, grouchy and miserable grump, fundamentally incapable of having fun? Are you, in fact, inferring that I am a deeply depressing killjoy with less of a sense of humour than Gordon Brown the day after the next election? :evil:

How dare you say such things about me! Pistols at dawn, sir!

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

phoenix4ever wrote:Humour spotted in a Tony post
Wow! This forum does throw up some nuggets when least expected. I didn't actually anticipate a reply but I did feel that if I got one, it would just be a smilie......or maybe two, as you do do them in twos from time to time. But no, what did I get instead from the Orson Welles of our forum? Nothing less than a mixture of autobiography, psychological self-analysis and a revelation of political affiliations. If you ever go for a full-time job at any time in the future, Tony, take my advice. When you get round to filling in the application form, suppress your profile. I think you may be Two Jags in disguise. Does your wife get depressed at all? Anyway, as for the duel, you'll have to make your way to Hull for that because I'm nominating Digi as my first. I'll come over and act as his second but I must say he's only got himself to blame because he was the one that spotted the joke. Personally speaking, I still haven't seen it. On the plus side, you should win the duel because those responsible for pulling the trigger in that region couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo, and in the papers this morning their Brown looks like Henry VIII has just told him he's not waiting till next year. He's for the chop tomorrow.

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

phoenix4ever wrote:
phoenix4ever wrote:Humour spotted in a Tony post
Wow! This forum does throw up some nuggets when least expected. I didn't actually anticipate a reply but I did feel that if I got one, it would just be a smilie......or maybe two, as you do do them in twos from time to time. But no, what did I get instead from the Orson Welles of our forum? Nothing less than a mixture of autobiography, psychological self-analysis and a revelation of political affiliations. If you ever go for a full-time job at any time in the future, Tony, take my advice. When you get round to filling in the application form, suppress your profile. I think you may be Two Jags in disguise. Does your wife get depressed at all?
Only when I'm at home, for some reason.
Anyway, as for the duel, you'll have to make your way to Hull for that because I'm nominating Digi as my first. I'll come over and act as his second but I must say he's only got himself to blame because he was the one that spotted the joke. Personally speaking, I still haven't seen it. On the plus side, you should win the duel because those responsible for pulling the trigger in that region couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo, and in the papers this morning their Brown looks like Henry VIII has just told him he's not waiting till next year. He's for the chop tomorrow.
And now you're admitting to being in the habit of hurling stringed instruments at harmless bovines, a so-called 'sport' I've always vehemently opposed (though I wasn't aware it was played outside Norfolk)! Are there no depths you won't sink to?

Brown always looks like that. I think it's a reaction to having spent too many years in enforced proximity to Blair.

Raven

Post by Raven »

phoenix4ever wrote: I think you may be Two Jags in disguise.

At last we're back onto British comics. I'd be happy with just one Jag if it had a Tom Kerr Boy Bandit and an Eric Bradbury Mouse Patrol.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

lol, this thread was never really about comics in the first place. :P

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

tony ingram wrote:Are there no depths you won't sink to?
Apparently not, although it was extremely careless of me to allow knowledge of my spanking fetish to emerge in that way. Mind you, and to be fair, I hadn't realised until you pointed it out just how wide-ranging my interests had become. I can only put it down to sleepwalking, and that only because I seem to have been having some very powerful dreams of late. Do you think it would be worth my while submitting this scenario as an idea for Dandy Xtreme? I understand it could do with a bit of a lift. Guns, cattle, country music............they could call the strip Bonanza.

I notice that Digi is now claiming that this thread was never about comics. I don't see how he can say such things when he was the one who developed the Topics. Presumably he will find some humour tomorrow at dawn when a barrel of laughs will be coming his way,..............a couple of barrels actually.

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

phoenix4ever wrote:
tony ingram wrote:Are there no depths you won't sink to?
Apparently not, although it was extremely careless of me to allow knowledge of my spanking fetish to emerge in that way. Mind you, and to be fair, I hadn't realised until you pointed it out just how wide-ranging my interests had become. I can only put it down to sleepwalking, and that only because I seem to have been having some very powerful dreams of late. Do you think it would be worth my while submitting this scenario as an idea for Dandy Xtreme? I understand it could do with a bit of a lift. Guns, cattle, country music............they could call the strip Bonanza.
I think you've missed your opportunity-sounds more like an Oink strip to me!

I notice that Digi is now claiming that this thread was never about comics. I don't see how he can say such things when he was the one who developed the Topics. Presumably he will find some humour tomorrow at dawn when a barrel of laughs will be coming his way,..............a couple of barrels actually.
I am polishing my flintlock as we speak.

And, indeed, listening to Flintlock as I polish my flintlock.

tony ingram

Post by tony ingram »

Digifiend wrote:lol, this thread was never really about comics in the first place. :P
Well, no. I thought it was about chocolate, wasn't it?

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

tony ingram wrote:Well, no. I thought it was about chocolate, wasn't it?
Actually there was a chocolate comic involved. You should remember it, Tony, as it was you who introduced the Lion bar.

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

colcool007 wrote:Just a swift reminder to say that if you have something to say, say it in one post and not drag it out over several posts as we would all prefer to answer in full to one post rather than to say and another thing was....

The only reason for me saying this is that I have noticed that I have been one of the worst offenders in posting items that have led onto totally different topics from the one that I started on.
Like I said, no mention of comics. The original post is about posting habits!

:lol: Barrels of laughs heading my way - nice joke Phoenix!