Comics on TV

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Niblet

Re: Comics on TV

Post by Niblet »

Excellent work again, Digi.

Steve - the actor with the guitar was required to play a character with aspirations to be a singer despite having no musical ability, so his renditions were deliberately appalling and extremely annoying.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

stevezodiac wrote:He's playing guitar too, further proof.
E major too, if more proof is required, and if my eyesight isn't going downhill in sympathy with my hearing. Furthermore, if the actor is supposed to have no musical ability how is it that he knows which fingers to place on which strings? :)

Niblet

Post by Niblet »

I didn't say the actor had no musical ability :)

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

Niblet wrote:I didn't say the actor had no musical ability :)
Niblet wrote:the actor with the guitar was required to play a character with aspirations to be a singer despite having no musical ability
No, I know you didn't, Niblet, then again nor did I, but as viewers we are supposed to ignore the actor and focus on the role he is playing, in this case that of a guy with no musical ability. All I was suggesting was that the actor should not therefore have indicated that he knew the finger positioning for the E chord. :)

Digifiend

Post by Digifiend »

Several superhero posters and a Superman comic book were seen in Doctor Who today.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

This was in yesterday's Daily Mail Weekend magazine. Jeremy Vine and comics:

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Not a comic on tv but last night on talksport they played Michael Buble's version of the Spider-Man cartoon theme tune. I have to admit it's very good. There is a good animated version on youtube with lyrics.

Search for "Michael Buble's Spiderman Theme Song with Lyrics"

Actually that version may not be on youtube so do a Google search for it.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Just saw a trailer on the Horror channel for this: Robert Kirkman's Secret History of Comics:

It's on Monday evening on the AMC channel which I had never before heard of. The first episode is entitled The Mighty Misfits Who Made Marvel.

Apologies if it's old news. I only have freeview so don't know if it's been on before.

starscape

Post by starscape »

The Kirkman series is supposed to be great. In the US, it's on after the Walking Dead. However, to get AMC, you have to have the BT Sport package. Although I have this, it's through a third-party, so don't get access to AMC (which only had Fear The Walking Dead and a whole loadof rubbish).
STARSCAPE Comic
http://facebook.com/Starscape-Comic-108831387707862/
comics, cartoons, music & movies

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

I’d like to see this... have to see if it’s online anywhere

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

koollectablz wrote:I’d like to see this... have to see if it’s online anywhere
If you find it, please tell

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I found it on amc website and it looks like you can watch it there if you register. Just wish someone could get an interview with Steve Ditko.

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

stevezodiac wrote:I found it on amc website and it looks like you can watch it there if you register. Just wish someone could get an interview with Steve Ditko.
I've tried that but it looks like you need to have a sub with one of their partner providers?
that's the only way to register?

I actually don't have a TV let alone a subscription with something...

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

You don't have a TV? It begs the question what do you enjoy not watching the most? :)

Or what is it you most enjoy not watching? (Whichever is the best grammar).

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

stevezodiac wrote:You don't have a TV? It begs the question what do you enjoy not watching the most? :)

Or what is it you most enjoy not watching? (Whichever is the best grammar).
It’s not like I’m anti-tv, it’s just my tv broke a few years ago and I never really got around to replacing it. I do watch some programmes but only if I remember to try and find them on my iPad on iPlayer or whatnot.

I do find I’m somewhat out of the loop re programmes at work but I certainly don’t miss adverts and reality tv.

On the plus side it’s left a lot more time to search for and read comics!