Comics on TV

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

big bad bri

Re: Comics on TV

Post by big bad bri »

i couldn't survive without a tv :lol: even if its just on in the background while im online or reading.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

For me it's Talksport or lbc and you don't find yourself keep glancing up at the screen.

Blake Edmonds

Post by Blake Edmonds »

Roy Of The Rovers from a recent movie made on 80s Kiwi band The Dance Exponents

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

I watched The Accountant with Ben Affleck last night and loved his stash of comics in a drawer including an Action #1, All American Comics #16 (1st Green Lantern) and a More Fun comics #52 (1st Spectre). Not surprisingly all DC considering he plays Batman!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

On Dickinson's Real Deal yesterday a bloke brought along his collection of sixties DC and marvel comics. About 100 of them. The expert didn't make an offer as they were outside her area of expertise. Owner took them to auction where they were divided into categories. They made £900+.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

stevezodiac wrote:On Dickinson's Real Deal yesterday a bloke brought along his collection of sixties DC and marvel comics. About 100 of them. The expert didn't make an offer as they were outside her area of expertise. Owner took them to auction where they were divided into categories. They made £900+.
Cheers for that Steve, I've just downloaded it. The presenter blonde was useless but it looked a nice set of comics. The seller seemed chuffed with his £774 take home from the £945 total price gained!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Was the first Hawkman among his collection? Only saw a portion of the cover. It wasn't a Showcase issue.

The commission is usually 15% plus VAT. I like to try to work it out mentally before Dickinson gives the final figure.

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

stevezodiac wrote:Was the first Hawkman among his collection? Only saw a portion of the cover. It wasn't a Showcase issue.

The commission is usually 15% plus VAT. I like to try to work it out mentally before Dickinson gives the final figure.
I couldn't tell either but I didn't think it was. I've never watched the programme before so I downloaded 6 episodes and watched them all on fast forward until I found the right one! If anyone else does the same, it's in York. Simple maths helps keep the brain young!

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

It's not my favourite antique show. Typical itv fare. One dealer bought a load of china or glass once. He didn't make any profit on it as the voiceover said he dropped the lot putting it into his car boot. It's things like that that make me worry about the Bayeux tapestry coming to England. Supposing the courier leaves it on the train? :D

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

stevezodiac wrote:It's not my favourite antique show. Typical itv fare. One dealer bought a load of china or glass once. He didn't make any profit on it as the voiceover said he dropped the lot putting it into his car boot. It's things like that that make me worry about the Bayeux tapestry coming to England. Supposing the courier leaves it on the train? :D
952 years safely living in France and we're bound to do something to it within weeks of having it on loan! I don't think they have decided where it will be shown yet have they?

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

British museum I heard. My mate is a guard there.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

stevezodiac wrote:British museum I heard. My mate is a guard there.
I hope he's not there overnight when all the exhibits come to life. :)

Adam Eterno

Post by Adam Eterno »

stevezodiac wrote:British museum I heard. My mate is a guard there.
Sensible place for it. I'll go and see it, that's for sure.

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

I suppose it can be regarded as an early form of comic strip.

koollectablz

Post by koollectablz »

The tapestry coming over is really awesome tbh. I think they'll be utterly enormous interest. Probably the most significant historical artifact for this countries history.

I'm actually very surprised that the french would even consider letting it leave France - we have a great reputation that once we have stuff it never leaves these shores again...

I wonder what we could swap for it :?:

Maybe they'd take a couple da Vinci's?

Sweeten it with the Elgin marbles and we could have a deal.