Should auld acquaintance be forgot

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Captain Storm

Re: Should auld acquaintance be forgot

Post by Captain Storm »

Obviously this is not the place for heated political debate , but I honestly don't see any reason for Scotland or indeed Wales going their own way. Even Cornwall see themselves as Cornish and not English. Let's face it , the British Empire is a dead duck in the water and we should all move with the times. And while I'm at it , the term British refers to an ancient tribe - the Britons. How many of us are from this tribe?

The Cap.

STARBOY

Post by STARBOY »

It's not really a thing of the past to try to express a nations individuality whether that be as independent or in some other form, in fact if anything there are now more independent nations than at almost any time in the world (ie the former USSR etc). we all want to express our individuality and whats important to us whether as people , regions or nations as long as it doesn't show itself in the extreme elements that sadly nationalism can sometime bring to the fore. But what I want to know is why did "Adares Anglicans" only represent England in the World Cup ruddy typical but Im not bitter (and the won it as well) :D

Captain Storm

Post by Captain Storm »

Hi Starboy ., a typo in my last post. What I meant to say was " I don't see any reason why Scotland or indeed Wales should not go their own way". Also the term "Anglican" refers specifically to Angels or to be more precise "English". As I said earlier the term "British" is a collective noun , rather like France and Germany calling themselves West Europeans. Not to be taken seriously except by the delusional elements of society who perhaps hanker after a past that is best forgotten ( slavery anybody? ).

regards,

The Cap.