Cost of getting comics bound

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

jakob1978

Re: Cost of getting comics bound

Post by jakob1978 »

Jay wrote:I just discovered these bound Beano and Dandy's on ebay. They do look really nice. Would be much better displayed on your bookshelf rather than have the comics squirreled away in a dark box.
They look nice from the outside, but how easy are they to read? just from that Dandy link, looking at it open to the Corporal Clott pages, there are whole panels on the right hand page that are hardly visible...maybe it'd be easier if you had it in front of you, but i'm not sure.

I suppose if you're just collecting the issues to have them, it'd look nice on a bookshelf (and it really looks smart), but i like to read my old issues, and i'm not sure how easy that would be. Maybe less comics to one volume would be more managable too.

presterjohn

Post by presterjohn »

Jay wrote:I just discovered these bound Beano and Dandy's on ebay. They do look really nice. Would be much better displayed on your bookshelf rather than have the comics squirreled away in a dark box.
Binding does not seem to have harmed the value of these books! 52 issues is a lot for one volume though 26 issues would have been a better binding limit in my opinion.

SteveinOz

Post by SteveinOz »

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a bookbinder in the UK that they have used?

I'm thinking of getting my childhood Beano comics done (about 5 years). I was thinking of 26 per book to maintain the readability.