I'm sorry, I've read that before...

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

Shaqui

Post by Shaqui »

Has anyone ever come across an instance where they read a strip, and large bell rings in your head which says 'I've read that before... !' :shock:

My GACCH website co-producer did, and wrote a detailed supplemental feature on it here:

http://tinyurl.com/qnv7r

- and I recall coming across a few instances in my sister's comics some while back, plus the odd one in the 'TV21' genre.

So... anyone read anything 'twice' (or more!) and suddenly realised?

:oops:

colcool007
Mr Valeera

Post by colcool007 »

Done that a few times myself! :lol: Picking up some Hornet's from the 60's two years ago and I am reading a fighter pilot story about Plt Off Starr who is the scourge of the Luftwaffe. A real cold-hearted devil.

Then as I read the script and the plot uncovers itself, I started to think that this was familiar. Then I realised that I had orginally read the story back in the 70's as a Killer Kane story! :shock:

I also came across this phenomenon in Commando where a story could be reprinted and also be re-jigged to provide a brand new Commando story! :D
I started to say something sensible but my parents took over my brain!

Shaqui

Post by Shaqui »

I suppose that begs the question of the difference between 'Space Family Robinson' and 'The Space Girls' (see link above) where a script has been rejigged and new artwork commissioned, or a case where the original artwork has been rejigged and (presumably) new captions and dialogue used...

:shock: