English?

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: AndyB, colcool007

Jonny Whizz

Re: English?

Post by Jonny Whizz »

Couldn't agree more with the last review you linked to - it's very funny! Did they really think it was the film they were after?

Although, personally, if you forced me to watch either of the two films I know which one I'd choose (suffice to say it doesn't feature vampires).
'Michael Owen isn't the tallest of players, but his height more than makes up for it' - Mark Lawrenson

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

philcom55 wrote:Bravo!

...The trouble is that anybody reading your original post on the subject will now think you're a very weird person! :)
I pondered going back and double spacing, but I decided that people wouldn't think I was any less weird than they already do.

Shaqui

Post by Shaqui »

swirlythingy wrote:
Shaqui wrote:
Tin Can Tommy wrote:I found that site a while ago it is quite odd and often the nonsense reviews come across as being quite surreal. With this one being among my favourites.
That's a review for which the phrase WTF!? would have to be invented, if it didn't already... :wink:
This recent one is depressingly hilarious.
I think the reviewers initials say it all. Backwards! :lol:

dishes

Post by dishes »

AndyB wrote:I went ahead and made the change - no more "would have" ;)
Well done! Now how about changing the name of the Girls Comics sub-forum to Girls' Comics?
Is it weird to have no interest in keeping or collecting free gifts?

My artwork: http://www.iancockburn.co.uk

Al
Sir!

Post by Al »

'tis done. Girls' Comics it is.

Phoenix
Guru

Post by Phoenix »

dishes wrote:Well done! Now how about changing the name of the Girls Comics sub-forum to Girls' Comics?
Al wrote:'tis done. Girls' Comics it is.
So is it now officially acceptable to bypass the Suggestions and Support forum? :o :roll: :D

AndyB
Throgmorton

Post by AndyB »

It's my fault really for talking about changing the ban list to eliminate of where have should be used. Should have moved this topic to Non-Comics Discussion long since anyway...