GI-GI of the circus and her horse GO-GO

Talk here about just about anything associated with British comics or story papers and the industry that does not fit in any other forum.
There are separate fora open to registered members for discussing specific comics, artists, websites etc.

Moderators: Al, AndyB

matrix

GI-GI of the circus and her horse GO-GO

Post by matrix »

Can anyone help with any information on this strip, what comic it was originally from, and the artist? This scan is from a late Tina Special, to me it looks a much older strip?

GI GI, is always trying to get the ringmaster to watch her perform, which he is not keen on doing.

Thankyou!
Attachments
Gi.Gi.jpg

AndyB
Throgmorton

Re: GI-GI of the circus and her horse GO-GO

Post by AndyB »

It puts me in mind of Dick Millington, including the lettering.

matrix

Post by matrix »

AndyB wrote:It puts me in mind of Dick Millington, including the lettering.
Thankyou Andy! I had a look at some of his work on Peter's blog, (thanks Peter) and I agree the lettering does look similar. As I have no more information on the strip I wonder if it was a Holiday Special fill in? Although to me it looks like a reprint?

ramonschenk

Post by ramonschenk »

The character/feature showed up in early issues of the Dutch Tina as well, renamed Gi-Gi van het circus en haar paard Go-Go.

How certain is the Millington attribution?

Regards,
Ramon

stevezodiac

Post by stevezodiac »

Hi, Ramon. Are you the same Ramon who works on Grand Comics Database? I'm Steve Mitchell who contributes to that website. I've indexed a couple of comics today. One thing the lockdown is good for. Apologies for going off topic.

ramonschenk

Post by ramonschenk »

No worries, Steve. Yeah, one and the same! Still work 50%, though. Two shifts a week, 12-14 hours each. Hard times!